..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: "DVD Player Is Not Setup"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I was looking for a slight amount of help, though I should probably exaggerate how much help I need, because right now, I'm fairly confused as to what I could do next to help solve this problem that is occurring.

First of all, I'll explain my problem.

I've decided to download Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 on my PC because I've seen people modify it and I can't do that on my PS2.

I downloaded Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and then I extracted the files, and made a .iso file using Power ISO, after that, I followed a guide on YouTube, I done everything fine, I've got my Bios done and I have my Memory Cards done, I don't think I need any Plugins though, but I have tried Plugins as well as no Plugins.

Anyhow, I have everything fine (I believe) and the only problem appears to be the .iso that I'm using with PCSX2 0.9.6, Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0, I have tried so many different programs which make them, Power ISO, Daemon Tools, ImgBurn and MagicISO, just to check if possibly one of them wasn't making the .iso in a certain way.

I'm totally new to Emulators, in fact, yesterday, Sunday, was the first time I had ever downloaded one.

So, really, my question is, does anyone, at all, have any idea what I may be doing or have done wrong?

I am completely clueless, and I've spent at least a good 4 - 5 hours downloading different programs to attempt to fix it, I even downloaded the PCSX2 Beta, but that gave me a completely new and possibly worse problem, but I won't get into that unless you feel that could be important.

When I do select the .iso in the Configuration menu, and then launch the Emulator, it does not go straight into the game, it makes no attempt to, instead it bring up the PS2's menu, where I can look at the Memory Cards and change things, etc...

When looking on YouTube, everyone seems to launch the Emulator to have it instantly enter the game, no PS2 menu at all.

So, whilst the Emulator does work to some extent, it appears that the .iso I'm using just doesn't want to work, could it be the copy of the game I downloaded? Am I suppose to make a different file, not an .iso? Possibly a .daa (I seen that on Power ISO, not sure what it is).

Anyway, again, any help is appreciated, and I thank everyone who contributes even the slightest amount of help in advance, because I really do appreciate it.

PS. If you require any information at all, please ask, I am unsure if I have left anything out, but I probably have done, so don't be shy to point it out. I can also upload images if need be. Also, I have checked if I will be able to use this Emulator, I can.

Thanks.

Regards
-The77's

~Edit: Spelling mistake.
Quote:I downloaded Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.