..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Very low fps, maybe very slow machine?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi to everyone, as I wrote in the subject i have very slow fps using pcsx2 on Ubuntu 10.04 64bit.
I'm currently using pcsx2 0.9.6 binaries, downloaded from the official site and 1.60 bios version.
I got 14fps, i played a bit with the configuration and i obtained 30-35 fps, i don't think the reason is a slow pc because of i don't have any problems emulating GC or Wii games with Dolphin (for example), but maybe i'm wrong, so here it is the pc specs:
- Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @2.20Ghz (2 CPUs);
- RAM: 4GB Corsair XMS2;
- Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT 1GB DDR2;
Hope to have a piece of advice (even something like "what are you looking for? you have a slow pc Smile ).

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english, it's not my mothertongue.
Well one things sure youer processor IS slow so Overclock it or learn to Overclock it many guides are available on the internet.Also you need Dx10 to run at 40-50 Fps on most games
The 9400 GT is a bit slow for PCSX2 as well. You might want to use native res (if not already). What game(s) are you trying?

Also, there is no question; Dolphin requires less than PCSX2.
No man i m playing games in pcsx2 in Pentium 4 3.6Ghz video nividia 7300 LE its playable speed 45 or 39 fps speed ^__^
(09-18-2010, 10:33 AM)Waseem Wrote: [ -> ]No man i m playing games in pcsx2 in Pentium 4 3.6Ghz video nividia 7300 LE its playable speed 45 or 39 fps speed ^__^

Yeah, Final Fantasy. Try some Metal Gear Solid 3 or Shadow of the Colossus.

Would be interesting what game Varro wants to play.

(09-18-2010, 11:01 AM)Cyphox Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-18-2010, 10:33 AM)Waseem Wrote: [ -> ]No man i m playing games in pcsx2 in Pentium 4 3.6Ghz video nividia 7300 LE its playable speed 45 or 39 fps speed ^__^

Yeah, Final Fantasy. Try some Metal Gear Solid 3 or Shadow of the Colossus.

Would be interesting what game Varro wants to play.

MGS3 is a very demanding game under any circumstances! If someone can run it full speed on a non-overclocked CPU, that's something I'd like to see.
naaah, okay, my examples were a bit extreme. i just wanted to say with my post that his pc might be "good" for final fantasy, but everything else.... and acutally he really plays final fantasy.

as i said before, we dont know what varro wants to play, so any "no, even i can play blablabla" is useless.
@Rezard: thank you to solve my doubt about Dolphin.

I'm trying to play Tekken 4. If there is a less resource eater game, please give me its name. I would like to test it in order to determine if there is a configuration problem?
The thing that made me write this post was that every emulator i tried on Linux was faster than the same running on Windows, for pcsx2 i noticed the contrary (even if for only 5fps).
That's cuz its customized for Windows anyways Less-Demanding Games:
1)Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
2)Final Fantasy X
3)Kingdom Hearts 1,2&Final Mix
4)King Of Fighters 2006
I'll try one of this, very curious to see what happen.
Pages: 1 2