..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFX runs very slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I'm using PCSX0.9.7 and tried to play Final Fantasy X. The problem is that is runs smoothly only in the beginning (new game/load pane) and when the fmv starts, it started to slow down at ~20fps which is really really slow and sound output started to play slow motion too.

My current configurations are:

GS: GSdx (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.7
SPU2: SPU2-X r1337
CDVD: Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0 [cdvdiso-r3065]
BIOS: USA v1.60(07/02/2002)

I tried running speedhacks and changed my resolution into native but still the fps is only 30%.

My PC specs:
Processor: Intel® Celeron® CPU 550 @2.00GHz overclock ~2.0Ghz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
DX: DirectX11

Am I the only one or the PC specs are really low?
that's it.
the pc specs are really low
you can also set clmp mode to none to grab a few more fps, but I doubt you'll eventually get something playable.
You're using an old version of GSdx, try the one that came with the beta (r3068/3623). In fact the sound plugin seems to be old too... try the plugins that came with the 0.9.7 beta...

What graphics card do you have?
Yes your computer seems to be pretty slow but you should be getting more than 20FPS. (I wouldnt hope to get full speed tho).
Thanks really for the fast reply...guess I will try your suggestions first before I try to buy a new one.

I guess this is the graphics card from dxdiag: Mobile Intel ® 965 Express Chipset Family...am I right?

@Shadow Lady: I tried what you suggested and it became ~27fps. Still slow motion though.
bad CPU,bad GPU..
solution : go buy a faster laptop..with a C2D 2.8GHz or higher..