..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: How much FPS should I be getting (specs inside)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm playing the PAL version of FFX and getting on average 50FPS but sometimes the video will drop to 40ishfps

Nvidia GTS 250
Duo Core E7400@ 2.8ghz
2GB Ram

Am I right in thinking I should be getting a lot more FPS than that. I saw a video on youtube and the guy had worse specs than me and he was getting 136fps

The reason it bothers me is because sometimes the video slows down a little. Is there a simple way of fixing it?
Even FFX doesn't run fullspeed all the time, with 2,8GHz. Either use Speedhacks or try overclocking your CPU.
So there's no way to stop the slow downs? I know I'm being picky as I'm using an emulator but ideally it would be good if I could maintain a consistent framerate that didn't fall below 50. I haven't really done any extra configuring as I just installed the 0.97 beta which installed the plugins with it.
PAL max fps is 50fps I believe so it won't get too much better than that. You can overclock it. Turn off reverb setting and interpolation on your sound plugin. Should give you a bit of a boost.
Thanks mate, that's made a huge improvement. Not completely perfect but much better and much more tolerable.