..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PLZ help weird BUG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay so i was playing metal gear solid 3 and everything was working perfectly. Then i entered a room with a dead body and the game froze. That was no big deal. Now the problem!!!!

My system sounds only a few of them and my poker sounds will not play correctly. The high pitch sounds seem to play fine. But the noises suchs as checking or the sound win 7 makes on default when you open window will not play.. Now on to the current work around.

These sounds will work fine if i load up pcsx2 0.096 and run MGS3
they all start to play fine. As soon as i close pcsx2 the sounds cease functioning again. I have uninstalled my pcsx2 to no avial then reinstalled to no avail. I have done the same for my sound card. Ill list my computer stats below. I have been trying things for about 2 hours on this and cant get anything to work except leaving pcsx2 running. Plz if you have any idea suggestion plz help me.
quick edit new info Windows media player and quick time when in use also fix the problem.

Core i7 920
dual ati HD5870's
6GB 1333 ram
win7
running this on my samsung TV model name i can fetch if needed
ill list my pcsx2 settings here
gsdx 890 0.1.14
spu-x 1.1.0
lilypad using xbox controller.
tried latest pcsx2 beta ?
no i didnt but i completly removed pcsx2 now and the problem is still happening. im on the phone with tech suport for my ocmputer. but its like my sound card wont activate all the way till some other program calls it into function
I have no idea why you think this is a PCSX2 bug, but it obviously isn't. Moved out of bug reports