..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Graphics cards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi to all
I'm updating my graphics card and was wondering if somebody had any thoughts on the ones I'm looking at? (currently using Nvidia 7600gs)

I know that the GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB GDDR3 is not a bad card but I found these are they any good?

Novatech GeForce GT 430 1GB GDDR3
Chipset nVidia Geforce GT 430
Video Memory Installed 1GB GDDR3:
Memory Bit Rate 128
Core Clock Speed 700MHz
Shader Clock Speed 1400MHz
Memory Clock Speed 1600MHz
Cuda Processors 96
Features 128-bit floating point High Dynamic-Range (HDR)
16x Anti-aliasing Technology
Advanced Spatial Temporal De-interlacing
GigaThread Technology
Microsoft DirectX® 11.0
NVIDIA CUDA™ Technology
NVIDIA Lumenex Engine
NVIDIA PhysX™-Ready
NVIDIA Unified Driver Architecture
OpenGL 3.0
PureVideo HD

Novatech GeForce GT 240 1GB GDDR3:
Chipset nVidia Geforce GT 240
Video Memory Installed 1GB GDDR3
Memory Bit Rate 128
Core Clock Speed 575MHz
Shader Clock Speed 1335MHz
Memory Clock Speed 800MHz
Cuda Processors 96
Features 128-bit floating point High Dynamic-Range (HDR)
16x Anti-aliasing Technology
Advanced Spatial Temporal De-interlacing
GigaThread Technology
Microsoft DirectX® 10.1
NVIDIA CUDA™ Technology
NVIDIA Lumenex Engine
NVIDIA PhysX™-Ready
NVIDIA Unified Driver Architecture
OpenGL 3.0
PureVideo HD

Asus G210 512MB GDDR2 PCI-E Dual Link DVI-I HDMI LP SILENT:
Graphics adapter memory type DDR2-SDRAM
Memory 512
Memory clock speed 800 MHz
Memory bus 64 bit
Processor
Graphics Processor GeForce GT 210
Processor clock speed 589 MHz
Shader clock 1402 MHz
Graphics adapter RAMDAC 400 MHz

Novatech GeForce 9500GT 1GB GDDR2:
Chipset nVidia Geforce 9500GT
Video Memory Installed 1GB DDR2
Core Clock Speed 500MHz
Memory Clock Speed 400MHz
Shader Clock Speed 1400MHz
Memory Bus 128 bit
Stream Processors 32
Cooling Heatsink
Features Shader Model 4.0, UltraShadow II Technology, Intellisample 4.0 technology, nVidia PureVideo Technology

ASUS GeForce 8400GS Silent 512MB DDR2:
Chipset nVidia Geforce 8400GS
Video Memory Installed 512MB DDR2
Core Clock Speed 567MHz
Memory Clock Speed 800MHz
Memory Bus 64 bit
Cooling Passive
Features Shader Model 4.0, UltraShadow II Technology, Intellisample 4.0 technology, nVidia PureVideo Technology

Thanks in advance
This: Novatech GeForce GT 430 1GB GDDR3 and this: Novatech GeForce GT 240 1GB GDDR3 should do fine with most games for PCSX2. The rest are really low end
well i want to upgrade my gpu
what should i take
considering my low budget
and it should be pci x16 slot i dont wont to buy a new mother
it is prety stinks i know but stil saving for new one
so now i just want a gpu that cost 100 $ or lower ( if it a litile bit more will be ok )
@abdo123

This:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-_-Product
or this, if you need a flat card

This is the maximum your PC needs. Any stronger GPU will be bored by low RAM and old CPU.

If you are a nVidia boy, take this:

Though, it is weaker than the ATI/AMD suggestion.
I think the radeon 5670 is a good card in the sub $100 division. My cousin has this card and it plays starcraft 2 on ultra(cant refrence to pcsx2 since he doesnt use it). Should have no problems with playing pcsx2 on higher than native res. Still might be a good idea to wait a while since amds 6000 series are due soon.

Edit: I guess SamSoNight beat me to the punch.
Yeah the 5670 will be great, although still severely bottlenecked by that ancient CPU. With that in mind, I'd recommend something lower like 5650, except if you're planning on upgrading the whole system soon and keeping the card for a newer one.
well 6000 series will be very expinsive after it out
well i am nividia boy
about the first one mine is 1 gb and 128 bits so is that worth to upgrade but it direct x11 so i will reembre it when i upgrade
the second i dont know that kind of gpu it might not support my screen ( wich is new not old like the mother ) and my mother board
the tihird is cool and cheaper and dont have direct x 11
so the first one i chose thanks for all the help
well i know that my cpu is anchient and 6 years old i will upgrade him but then i have to upgrade the mother then i have to buy a new ram then it will cost alot of money ( wich i dont have )

The GTS 450 is only slightly more than $100 (in the US at least) and is a great value card. The problem for you will be what price you can get it for locally, as availability and price will differ drastically outside of the USA/Europe.
well it is a litile bit expinsive but my friend always sell me parts on sale ( almost without a profit ) so i might get it
(10-20-2010, 01:09 PM)abdo123 Wrote: [ -> ]well 6000 series will be very expinsive after it out
well i am nividia boy
about the first one mine is 1 gb and 128 bits so is that worth to upgrade but it direct x11 so i will reembre it when i upgrade
the second i dont know that kind of gpu it might not support my screen ( wich is new not old like the mother ) and my mother board
the tihird is cool and cheaper and dont have direct x 11
so the first one i chose thanks for all the help
well i know that my cpu is anchient and 6 years old i will upgrade him but then i have to upgrade the mother then i have to buy a new ram then it will cost alot of money ( wich i dont have )

Upgrading to a new socket doesnt have to be so expensive if you take the amd route.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...813130250R

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6819103714

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6820134492

This setup would be much faster than you current and costs about $125. Ofcourse you would have to make sure it is compatible with your other components so you dont need new psu or other stuff then the prise can really get away from you.
Pages: 1 2