..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Help with Okami
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, recently tried out pcsx 0.9.6 (?) and it has been great!

So great in fact that I am almost through with FF10! Thanks for this awesome program!

Anywho, I decided to stop and take a break with FF and try a couple of games (to test compatibility and all that).

Popping Okami, right off the bat, I noticed that there were some serious issues with regards to geometry. And I'm at a loss on what to do! Google isn't quite helpful either.

Any help will be much appreciated!
Try the latest beta its much better than the stable 9.6 these days.
Thanks for the tip! Will download immediately!
Now it's kinda sad.

I can't even get the game to run/display. The console window just shows a
Okami [Status = playable] but no dice. Will go back to 0.9.6 I guess.
(10-22-2010, 12:55 PM)crazyico Wrote: [ -> ]Now it's kinda sad.

You misconfigured your CDVD settings.
If running an ISO file: Dismount the ISO from any program like daemon tools etc. Then CDVD->Choose ISO, then ISO selector->Browse, find your ISO and System->Boot CD/DVD (fast)
If running from a DVD disc: CDVD set to "Plugin", Config->Plugin/BIOS selector->On CDVD choose Gigaherz CDVD->Configure it and choose your proper DVDrom drive letter and finally System->Boot CD/DVD (fast)
(10-22-2010, 01:50 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2010, 12:55 PM)crazyico Wrote: [ -> ]Now it's kinda sad.

You misconfigured your CDVD settings.
If running an ISO file: Dismount the ISO from any program like daemon tools etc. Then CDVD->Choose ISO, then ISO selector->Browse, find your ISO and System->Boot CD/DVD (fast)
If running from a DVD disc: CDVD set to "Plugin", Config->Plugin/BIOS selector->On CDVD choose Gigaherz CDVD->Configure it and choose your proper DVDrom drive letter and finally System->Boot CD/DVD (fast)

i did what you told me to. but still none.

console shows an EE TLB Miss. I really have no idea what that means.
thanks anyway. 0.9.6 did fine for me, so i guess i'm sticking with that.

edit: i'm using a dvd by the way. and the isos i tested still show a blank/black screen. cheers!
Uh if you're using a DVD how do you test "isos"??
You use the second guideline from what I posted above: