..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Haunting Ground NTSC playable( almost) in PCSX2 0.9.7 (3876)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys I just want to say good job to the whole PCSx2 admins for makin the best EMULATOR ever!!...

BUt to put my qualms in the title here are some issues to the game...

The fps of the game is now good, not bearable like the first 0.9.7
although there was a problem with the lighting effects...kinda like Fatal Frame 3 bugs...

but overall its now nice to see Fiona's "jiggly" parts move in real-time...rather than waiting for it to fall and see Hewie's reaction after I already run a couple of miles from where he is.... Now I feel the tension of bein chased by Debilitas, Daniella, Riccardo and other freaks rather than predicting that they would appear ------>HERE<------- right then and there..

If you guys have any ideas how I can tweak the lighting effect bugs..seriously I thought my eyes where goin dark for some reason and I was already reachin for some "Lavender" scented candles to calm me....

Hope to hear from you guys and pls. teach the ways of the masters
Nope no way unfortunately. The speed boost you see is just because of those disabled effects, which make GSdx crawl with the game. I guess you could set software mode to see how it's supposed to look but your fps will be ridiculously low then...
(10-25-2010, 10:24 AM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Nope no way unfortunately. The speed boost you see is just because of those disabled effects, which make GSdx crawl with the game. I guess you could set software mode to see how it's supposed to look but your fps will be ridiculously low then...

I already tried Software mode...and it sucked. But did ya say disabled effects?...Thats why the game is now running at 50-56 fps in a dual core, Nvidia GEforce, XP computer?.. wow...wonder what they disabled then and what tweaks happened in the latest version of 0.9.7 svn?.... seriously..

Hope this improvement fixes all games and make The PCSX2 as useful as its predecessor PCSXE. I mean they rock...SOLID!!!!!

still hopin for the lighting effects to be fixed...Its hard to see Hewie when you run and I have to push F9 to get a picture of things....
That's the effects I am talking about Tongue It's not an improvement, it just disables these hard to emulate effects to make the game playable
It's a "fix" for that game alone and not a real solution either, just what seems to work best for now and it won't affect lighting in other games.

Quote:The PCSX2 as useful as its predecessor PCSXE.

There's no such thing as an emulator called "PCSXE" Tongue
(11-03-2010, 02:26 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]There's no such thing as an emulator called "PCSXE" Tongue

What he's talking about is the PS1 emulator (ePSXe).

I am very grateful that Haunting Ground is playable. I can live without the lighting effects. Big thanks to all. Been waiting to play this game for a long time.
I, too, just want to voice my appreciation of the PCSX2 staff and their ability to get this game working. I found this Adventure game extremely enjoyable. It was delightfully simple, making it a great causal play.

There are oddities in the emulation, like light sources going through walls, aggressive shadowing when opening/closing certain doors, and environmental shading when the camera scrolls, but, nevertheless, the game is surprisingly playable.

I recommend the game to everyone, particular Clock Tower fans.
(11-05-2010, 07:03 AM)ShadowofDoubt Wrote: [ -> ]I recommend the game to everyone, particular Clock Tower fans.

Speaking of Clock Tower fans, Clock Tower 3 plays very well in this emulator.