..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Speed differences between disk/ HDD?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I use my hard drive as opposed to the actual DVD drive will I notice any speed differences? Or bugs?

I have a 5400RPM HDD and no idea what my DVD drive is since I never use it.

Sony Vaio VPCEC if that helps.
If your HDD is sowmething like 15 years old, it may be slower than your DVD drive.
else, your HDD will be at least 10 times faster for data transfer
That's what I figured. So I could actually see a significant increase in speed running from my HDD?

And just so I don't make another topic for a silly question:

Do you think my computer can run Onimusha 4?

i5 520m
ATI 5650 (overclocked to 700 and 900)
With Speedhacks, I'm sure it will be playable. Don't be too surprised if you get some slow downs when there's a lot happening on-screen. Also, I think Onimusha 4 became "broken" in more recent versions of PCSX2. I played it on beta-1888 I believe.
Ah, good to know. Thanks.

Will hyperthreading affect gameplay?
Not directly. When HT is "disabled" in favor of a higher clock rate with just 2 threads, for the first stage of Turbo Boost, you could kinda think of it helping.
Well with hyperthreading on I still achieve 2.66ghz on each core, I didn't think it went any higher than that for multiple threaded applications.
(10-28-2010, 09:55 PM)Hungry Man Wrote: [ -> ]Do you think my computer can run Onimusha 4?

i5 520m
ATI 5650 (overclocked to 700 and 900)

At the moment, no. Onimusha 4 is broken. typically, most likely, I play it but it's not great for me. I know that i5 is over 2.2ghz but how much I'm unsure.

at 2.2 it's bearable, but my tollerance is very different from most peoples'
The 520m is actually a base of 2.4Ghz, and it's 2 core boost is 2.66Ghz. Considering the improved architecture, I wouldn't expect any less from an i5 at 2.66Ghz than my Core2Duo at 2.8Ghz.

Needless to say, the game ran good for me on r1888. Not always at full 60fps, but I guarantee anyone would've considered it tolerable at the very least.
(10-28-2010, 11:48 PM)Rezard Wrote: [ -> ]The 520m is actually a base of 2.4Ghz, and it's 2 core boost is 2.66Ghz. Considering the improved architecture, I wouldn't expect any less from an i5 at 2.66Ghz than my Core2Duo at 2.8Ghz.

Needless to say, the game ran good for me on r1888. Not always at full 60fps, but I guarantee anyone would've considered it tolerable at the very least.

Good to know. How exactly is it broken? Garbled graphics or jsut won't play?

It's such a nice looking game.