..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Weird CPU speed issue?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I ran a beta from September (Revision 1888) and got 40 FPS in the the final fantasy x-2 benchmark; current betas are significantly slower.

In fact, all revisions up to the that point slow down one way or another, down to for 28fps on the latest revision.

But the weird part is, I get the normal FPS when I swap from Microvu to super VU on both VU0 and VU1?

But the emulator says it's a debug mode? Shouldn't make it slower and not significantly faster?
It is only used to debug microVU errors, which is more compatible but slower. So yeah superVU is faster but quite less compatible
(10-31-2010, 09:41 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]It is only used to debug microVU errors, which is more compatible but slower. So yeah superVU is faster but quite less compatible

I see, most games get little to none benefit after changing.

I wonder why FFX-2 seems to be so much more beneficial.

I noticed in r1888, you guys used SUperVU, but where testing mircoVu I believe.
As always, each game uses the PS2 differently. It prolly just so happens that an important
compatibility feature in mVU makes that FFX-2 video slower. The scene used is pretty weird
anyway, it shouldn't even touch VU1 microcode capabilities. (Yet it strangely does, hence the poor performance.)