..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Wanted advice on what to change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay guys, I recently got a new laptop, and I'm a bit slow running PCSX2. I have a couple of games that I got off my PS2, FFX and RE4. On FFX, I can run it about 30-40 FPS, RE4 gets 15-25 FPS. I'm using every speedhack and I can run SSE2 on mine, so I wanted to know, what would be the better thing to replace; my graphics card or my processor? Here are my specs.

Processor AMD Athlon II Dual-Core Processor
Memory (RAM) 3GB
Memory Type DDR3
Video Graphics ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 Graphics

If I had to replace one thing, what would you suggest? I'm getting a high end product for one of them, and wanted to know which one would help improve my FPS more, don't know much about computers. Thanks for any help.
you need to replace everything,
is your new laptop can be returnable for a full refund??

OR

you better change your AMD to Intel i5,i7 x50~higher
and the video card ranging model like HD46xx~HD4900 or HD56xx~5900
(11-15-2010, 05:05 AM)tallbender Wrote: [ -> ]you need to replace everything,
is your new laptop can be returnable for a full refund??

OR

you better change your AMD to Intel i5,i7 x50~higher
and the video card ranging model like HD46xx~HD4900 or HD56xx~5900

Granted, it's not a gaming rig, but on system requirements test it says that I have the ability to run Crysis on minimum settings. My graphics card supposedly is good enough to run most new games on minimum settings, but my processor always seems to be below what's needed, so I was leaning towards processor. What would give me more FPS though?
Okay, I wanted to know how I could figure out if my system requirements meet those needed for these processors. I want to get the i7 mobile core processor and an ATI Radeon HD 4890 card. They give me a requirements page, but where can I find these specs on my laptop to know if I meet them?