..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Help needed in dumping LEGAL PS2 BIOS ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, everyone. Just bought a slimline PlayStation 2 of my own (just so you know that it's all legal), and tried to dump the BIOS using the USB stick method, but with a spin of my own (tried using a DVD-RW disc with the PS2Dumper V2 iso image burnt to it, since I'd read somewhere that the slimline PS2s could read DVD-RWs), but no luck. Is there any other way that I could dump my PS2's BIOS with minimal effort using techniques or materials that are readily available and easily obtainable? (Note: I have done several Google searches regarding PS2 BIOS dumps, and it appears as if the resources I've seen are a year or two old, so I was also wondering if there's someone or someplace with more up-to-date information that can be of help to me here.) The model number of my PS2 is SCPH-75001, by the way. Thanks to whoever replies.
OK. I'm sorry, but when I read through that guide, my eyes glazed over (and I'm a fairly technical person; I know how to build PCs and such), and I decided to do more research. I found out about uLaunchELF, and now have a memory card with Free McBoot 1.8 on it. From what I understand, I have to burn the BIOS dumping software onto a CD-R (and not a DVD-R or DVD-RW), and navigate to the CD directory using uLaunchELF, where I select the .ELF file that will make my PS2 dump the BIOS onto an USB drive. Is that correct?
UPDATE: I figured out another way to get the BIOS from my PS2. When I saw that I could copy and paste files in Free McBoot, it dawned upon me that I could simply extract the ELF file (on my PC) that makes folks' PS2 consoles dump their BIOS and copy and paste it into the boot directory in Free McBoot. So that's what I did, and once I selected the ELF file for dumping PS2 BIOSes (while in Free McBoot), the process started right away. Nothing to it! Was able to run PSCX 0.9.6 (did try 0.9.7, but Fire Pro Wrestling kept making it crash) smoothly. Nice! Will buy a game or two sometime soon.
I guess we could use some updated guides Tongue2
(12-11-2010, 05:27 AM)Omnimaxus Wrote: [ -> ]UPDATE: I figured out another way to get the BIOS from my PS2. When I saw that I could copy and paste files in Free McBoot, it dawned upon me that I could simply extract the ELF file (on my PC) that makes folks' PS2 consoles dump their BIOS and copy and paste it into the boot directory in Free McBoot. So that's what I did, and once I selected the ELF file for dumping PS2 BIOSes (while in Free McBoot), the process started right away. Nothing to it! Was able to run PSCX 0.9.6 (did try 0.9.7, but Fire Pro Wrestling kept making it crash) smoothly. Nice! Will buy a game or two sometime soon.

i am aware that this is a very old thread, and that therefore this may not be an acceptable reply. Be that as it may, it may be a very helpful thread to me. Is there any way you could put this into layman's terms for me?
Thank you very much if so.
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.