..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Is it worth spending the extra money for this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running win 7 32bit I have a C2D 2.4 Ghz and 4 gigs of ram (2.8 usable)
I am considering upgrading to win 7 64bit but I am not sure if it is worth the cost. I use this system mostly for PCSX2 and Dolphin. Would the performance increase of going 64bit be worth the cost?
Pcsx2 is 32bit program so you would get no increase in performance. I think dolphin has 64bit version but I still dont think you would notice any real diffrence, minor at best. And just wondering, doesnt your windows 7 version have both 32 and 64 bit discs? The one I bought had both discs and I can choose which ever one I want.
The same product key will work for 64 bit also?
I am wondering if freeing up the extra ram I am unable to use on my win 7 32bit would increase performance enough for it to be worth the hassle of reinstalling everything.
(12-10-2010, 02:15 PM)bart Wrote: [ -> ]The same product key will work for 64 bit also?

No.
(12-10-2010, 02:15 PM)bart Wrote: [ -> ]The same product key will work for 64 bit also?

(12-10-2010, 03:43 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]No.

Actually, that one's a yes. Same is true for Vista 32-/64-bit.
(12-10-2010, 02:15 PM)bart Wrote: [ -> ]I am wondering if freeing up the extra ram I am unable to use on my win 7 32bit would increase performance enough for it to be worth the hassle of reinstalling everything.

Nah that would not give you any better performance on pcsx2, I dont know about dolphin since I have hardly used it but my guess is that it would be the same. Pcsx2 requires 1gb ram for xp and 2gb for vista/7 any more is wasted. getting more ram would be good for most other things though.