..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Running Marvel Nemesis Rise of the Imperfects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all!

I've been doing my own tweaks and trial and error plugins and got Alien vs Predator Extinction to work perfectly based on watching some youtube tutorials.

One problem though. I've moved on to play Marvel Rise of the Imperfects but I can't seem to find the compatible settings to make it NOT lag. Basically once the EA logo pops up, everything starts to lag to hell.

The system I'm using is :

Alienware M17x Laptop
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9000 @ 2.00 GhZ
Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium
4 GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce GTX 260M

Any suggestions on what I can do to make the game run smoothly?

Much thanks!
you have a slow PC. use native if you aren't already and use some speedhacks. Also, wait till you get INGAME, some fmvs are slower in some revisions.

(death by degrees for example crawls on the beta, later revisions fixed this problem)
The game is labled as "Menus" for both 9.6 and 9.7 in the compatability list. Its doubtful that the game has become playable since the 9.7 beta came out.
(12-19-2010, 01:40 AM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]you have a slow PC. use native if you aren't already and use some speedhacks. Also, wait till you get INGAME, some fmvs are slower in some revisions.

(death by degrees for example crawls on the beta, later revisions fixed this problem)

Thanks very much Saiki. I'll give those options a try. Surprised though that my laptop is considered slow even though it's recognized as one of the most powerful gaming laptops.

Agreed on the fmvs part as I experienced them in AVP extinction too. But this part was almost unbearable as character/level selection was crawling too which was why I figured ingame wouldn't be much difference.

(12-19-2010, 01:43 AM)GamerGeek Wrote: [ -> ]The game is labled as "Menus" for both 9.6 and 9.7 in the compatability list. Its doubtful that the game has become playable since the 9.7 beta came out.

That's really sad to hear Sad Is there any source for confirmation on this though?

Apart from this, let me post screenshots of my current settings in case you would want to point out anything I should change.

[Image: 25742993.png]
[Image: 31634364.png][Image: 87229433.png]
Well your current version wont work according to the compatability list, so give the latest beta a try, its your best bet. And while your laptop is good in terms of pc games, its quite weak in terms of pcsx2. Speedhacks will be your friend.