..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Sound is harsh/buzzy regardless of plugin [nevermind]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
EDIT: Nevermind. It's not worth the hassle. Guess I'll just have to accept that my PC for the first time has encountered a game it cannot run.

I've read the guides, stickies, etc.

I've tried Twisted Metal Black, Half-Life, Shadow of the Colossus, and Okami, and each have the same sound issue:

Sound is normal until I encounter "harsher" sound effects (gun fire, cars crashing into each other, deep or high pitched voices), when the audio becomes very "buzzy" and headache-inducing. This happens regardless of the sound plugin I use, and I've tried fiddling with the settings in each with the same result.

I don't have a sound card as far as I know, and I have no idea what sound I do have as both Windows Device Manager and Everest only says "High Definition Audio Device/Controller".
looks like an integrated soundcard.
are you using spu2-x as sound plugin ?
Are you getting full speed emulation? Sound will be bad if it has to slow down.
Quote:are you using spu2-x as sound plugin ?
Yes. I also tried the other two sound plugins.

Quote:Are you getting full speed emulation?
My FPS drop to around 30-40 with TMB. Sad

Also just to mention I tried updating my audio drivers to no effect.

Oh yeah, I'm using Win7 64-bit. Probably should have mentioned that earlier. In addition: 4 GB RAM, AMD Phenom 8750 3X 2.4 GHz, and ATI Radeon HD 4850.

EDIT: tried fiddling with graphics this time, updating to latest drivers, etc. I thought my cpu/gpu could do directx10/etc? Oh well, forget it. See OP.
If you don't get full speed, sound can't be perfect either. You can try setting SPU2-X in the async mix mode, see if that helps
I apologize that I do not know how to help you, however Half-Life is a PC game at heart, and most would say is even better on PC, so you may want to simply purchase the actual PC game if you wish to play it on PC.

If you wish to play a PC game with a Playstation controller, you may use Xpadder which is a program that works quite well for this purpose.