..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Kingdom Hearts II Speed Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,
I have successfully gotten Kingdom Hearts II to run on PCSX2 0.9.7. But the game runs very slowly at about 20 fps during the gameplay and cutscene moments. I just want to know if my computer is powerful enough to run this game faster what should I do to speed up the game if it is powerful enough.

Here is my computer's system information:
Model: Compaq Presario CQ50 Notebook PC
Windows Edition: Windows Vista Home Basic
Processor: AMD Athlon Dual Core QL-60 1.90 GHz
Memory (RAM): 2.00 GB
System Type: 32-bit operating system
Graphics: LP154WX4-TLCB @ 1280x800
256MB GeForce 8200M G (HP)

Included also in the thread is the picture of my current settings in PCSX2
That's not your full PCSX2 or plugin settings, that's barely the plugins you're using.

Your PC is slow for PCSX2 but you should be getting more than 20FPS, if I had to guess I'd say tick the "native" option in GSdx but anyway post your settings so we can help better.
[attachment=27193]I checked the "native" button and the game ran faster at about 30 fps and sometimes almost 40. Thanks a lot for the help! As for the plugin settings along with speed hack settings, I will be attaching them.
I also decided to attach two pictures depicting the gameplay itself and the ever-changing fps. Whenever the menu or scene change appears, the game runs faster up to 60 fps. The game also runs slower whenever I reach big places like Tram Common in Twilight Town.
You are mainly limited by your slow processor (but from the graphics card too). Set clamping of VU and EE to none for a speed boost (but doing this can cause problems and crashes so if you encounter some set them back to normal).
Not much else you can do except getting a faster PC.
(12-31-2010, 11:25 AM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]You are mainly limited by your slow processor (but from the graphics card too). Set clamping of VU and EE to none for a speed boost (but doing this can cause problems and crashes so if you encounter some set them back to normal).
Not much else you can do except getting a faster PC.

I did what you suggested, but speed doesn't improve much. I guess a new PC is the solution for me......

Attached to this post are the changes. Are they correct?