..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Black vertical lines Tony Hawk Proving Ground
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Heloo,

I have installed the following:
PCSX2 0.9.7 (r3878) build
GSdx 3693 (MSVC 15.00 , SSE2) 0.1.16 [gsdx-sse2-r3878]

So i have two versions of this emulator , the other one is version 0.9.6 (last stable beta emulator on download page) , some games runs better on 9.7 other on 9.6 , i had this black vertical lines problem with games like tekken 4 ,5 but i fixed it when i chenge the resolution to native or lower (990-990) and now tekken 5 runs outstanding.
But Tony Hawk Proving Ground is the only game so far that has very bad graphical issues , from vertical lines , to texture gliches , i tryed allmost all GSDx for the emulator version that i find on google from all kind of sites , i tryed to change the resolution to native and other settings , but nothing helped , the game runs on great fps , its allmost 100% real ps2 speed , but the visual is still very glitchy.
Any advice or tips how to fix that?

screen from v9.7

[Image: tonyo.jpg]

on v9.6 the game just got stuck on the starting logos and aways crashes heare

[Image: tonyy.png]

Try playing it with a software renderer of GSdx. You can toggle to software renderer and back while running a game by pressing F9. Do note that it will be quite slower than hardware mode and will look bad since it renders the game on its' native resolution
it just slowed the speed drastically , but removed the lines , still alot gliches with missing textures

[Image: tonyy.png]
Last thing to try is the skipdraw setting (maybe set to 3 or 4, whatever gets rid of the lines)
Search the configuration guide on how to enable GSdx hacks: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...ide-v0-9-7
i suppose you talk about this option

[Image: pcsx2coresettingsgs.png]

i tryed frame skip-draws but no effect on the speed on software renderer option , its still very slow , and doesnt remove the lines on hardware renderer wich has 100% speed with or witought frame skipping
i hope if someone play this game with no problems , to share some tips or advise , bw i notice that video plugin have hack option , but i dont know how to enable it , can you tell me how to do that? Mb bositman talk about that option , but on the forum tread , i didnt see any information on how to enable hack option for the video plugin

[Image: tonymr.jpg]
i have the same problem with tony hawk games , i awso notice that others have the same problem , will this be fixed in 0.9.8 version?
None of the newer Tony Hawks games work properly in 0.9.8 no. Anything past Pro Skater is pretty much a no no, except the underground games.
thats kinda sad , becouse the game itself runs perfect (i even made a few missions lol..), the only problem is grapichal , if Gabest update and tweak the GSDX plugin , i think its possible..
Yes... just like if there are improvements to the core emulator more games will work Tongue2

It's not a matter of simply stating that if things are improved they get better... it takes time and work and there are other priorities that the developers themselves want to tackle first.
Pages: 1 2