..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Tips for speeding up Ratchet and Clank?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for options that might help me speed up the gameplay on Ratchet and Clank. My framerate is at full speed during cutscenes, but slows down to between 20 and 40 FPS during gameplay. I know that emulation usually runs slow, but I haven't had much issue with other games I've tried. That said if there's not really anything I can do with options, can anyone give me any tips on what part of my hardware is slowing me down?
PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? What do the EE/GS% numbers in the game window say when you get slowdowns?
Try some speedhacks...
Sorry for taking so long to reply, been messing around with moving back into college. For settings I'm not sure exactly what you need to know, I'm using mostly default settings for PCSX2. For Plugin's I'm using gsdx-sse2-r3878 for graphics and spu2-x-r3878 for audio. Using Direct3D11 (Hardware), No interlacing and Original PS2 Resolution. at these settings the graphics are pretty messy, and it still slows down to 20 FPS even just standing around doing nothing the EE% and GS% both go down to around 55-60% when this happens, with the GS% alternating anywhere between 55 and 70%. during the few times the game is running at 60 FPS the EE is at 90-99% and The GS is around 70% Not sure what to do for speedhacks, and specific advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
(01-18-2011, 09:16 PM)Crazy-San Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure what to do for speedhacks, and specific advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Just... try them? Check one by one and see if they help you at all, try the VU cycle stealing one and try the "allow 8-bit textures" setting in GSdx.

You could also try frameskip I guess (shift+f4 while playing).
even if it is an old thread, maybe it will help one or the other...
by ratchet and clank. use the speedhacks

ee cyclerate to 2 or 3
no check mark by "other hacks" (all 3 options decrease the fps)
and by microVU Hacks set all check marks.

tested with a core i5 3570
full speed at the most scenes (if you have a wide area in front of you, the fps rate can still break, but it's playable)