..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: I need opinions!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, I'm Dom... Im new to the PCSX2 Emu... ,and i have Kingdom Hearts 2(physical DVD) which plays Fine(my Ps2 broke so this was my only resort)...i Love it... But im getting Between 40-50 Frames which is awesome but i want like a solid 60?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!

My PC Specs(not a super PC)

Intel Pentium D(2.66Ghz)DualCore!
4 Gig DDR2 Mem(3 GIG Usable,if anyone can help me with this that would be sweet too LOL)
Nvidia Geforce 9600GSO 384 mb
40g SATA, 160 sata,an 250gig external HARDDRIVES
Windows XP Pro Service PAck 3

Thanks In Advanced, Domenick!!!!
first thing you could do is ripping your dvd into iso using a soft like imgburn
Yeah, turning the hard copy into an .iso, then emulating a drive and mounting it might help.
Quote: then emulating a drive and mounting it might help.

better avoid doing this.
using the internal iso selector will be enough
ok i did that(turned it into an iso, it worked like a charm), but im still getting now MIN 46..MAX 58..i just want steady FPS...is it normal for it to jump like that?
you'll need a better cpu for that

side note : about your 4Go pb, you'll ned a 64bit windows so that they would be recognized
I would need a better CPU for the PS2 Emu, Or 64bit Windows????
You need a faster cpu to run the game at a steady 60 fps. You could also try using some speed hacks but i can't guarentee you will end up with steady 60 fps.

If you want to use more than the 3 GB you use now, you have to get a 64 bit windows. You properly wont see much of a difference since its either your cpu og gpu which is the bottleneck.
WEll true.... i was ging to overclock my CPU,i already overclocked my GPU about 30%.an that made a diff. im running steady at 51FPS...i may just leave it like that..the video looks awesome/sound is clear..i dont think im going to mess with it much more... unless new plug ins come out of course..but thanks everyone for the suggestions...an BTW Pentuim D processors may be low end, but they do pack a punch...
Quote:an BTW Pentuim D processors may be low end, but they do pack a punch...

sure.
but PS2 emulation requires more than that
Pages: 1 2