..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: CGI Pixelations with Red
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there an issue with the color red in CGI/FMV videos in PCSX2 or am I crazy? Whenever I see red in any video it seems more pixelated and blocky than any other color. I got an example below in a pic. I have seen it in Resident Evil Outbreak 1 and 2. Devil May Cry 3, and others. Is there any way to filter these videos kind of like the old PSX emulator does? Better to see this in motion than to show a picture.
It's a common problem with video encoding not only in the PS2, in this case the MPEG encoding used in videos and I doubt there's much you can do about it.
(01-20-2011, 07:58 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]It's a common problem with video encoding not only in the PS2, in this case the MPEG encoding used in videos and I doubt there's much you can do about it.

I have a PS3 which is Backwards Compatible(now being repaired) and I checked on the squares on the videos and noticed no problems with red. Is the PS3 smoothing the videos? CGI videos looks good on PS3 but as you know ingame graphics could be better.