..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: New system but Shadow of Colossus has low fps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there, I bought a new System and tried to play but I only have 30 FPS in open world of SoTC.

My Specs are :

GTX460
AMD 955 @ 4x3,6Ghz
8 GB 1066 Ram

The task manager tells me, that non of my cores are fully loaded, but still I got low FPS. The load of my full system is at max @ 50%, one core is at max 80% loaded.

EE : 100%
GS : 40 %

Speedhacks off. As soon as I activate a lower cycle rate and vu stealing, the gamespeed goes up, but the framerate is not as fluent as 60 FPS would be.

I wonder, how much should I overclock my CPU to be able to play at max speed/fps/no speedhacks ?

Any suggestions ? Maybe I am wrong and it is not the CPU itself...

Greetings, Sephiroth

That "EE : 100%" means your CPU is having a hard time.

SOTC requires a monster PC if you don't want to use speedhacks.

I guess Oc to 4.2 ghz may help, but I dion't know if you can do it with this CPU ...
Yeah, SOTC seems a lil hungry Laugh .

I set my CPU speed @ 4 Ghz and I get about 7 FPS more +.+ .

Gotta primestable my system first, before going any further.

Edit : I get about 1 FPS per 100 MHZ Overclocking. Looks like I have to go to 6 GHZ OC Laugh Laugh
Try the recommended speed hacks, they may help.

im sure there's a thread around here somewhere about how to improve the speed on SotC
the only way to improve the speed with SoTC is to build a modified PCSX2 (even my PC needs a special build to make this game work properly. MY speed does not change much, but the EE% does)
Try the "VU cycle stealing" speedhack, set to mild or moderate will help a lot for this game.
(01-24-2011, 11:24 PM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]the only way to improve the speed with SoTC is to build a modified PCSX2 (even my PC needs a special build to make this game work properly. MY speed does not change much, but the EE% does)
What source code modifications are useful for SotC?

EE stepping. modify the EE speedhack to speed it up instead
Thanks.
SoTC runs badly even on PS2, it gets about 18 fps most of the time.

I'd recommend just settling for 30 fps. That's the framerate the collection on PS3 is supposed to run at, and that framerate will give the most cinematic feel anyways.
Pages: 1 2