..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: what game should be needing a powerful computer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
dynasty warriors 5 or ff games? Smile
No.But if by "powerful" you mean 2.4Ghz than yes.
Gran Turismo 5
Tekken 5
Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Shadow Of the Colossus.
Well, these are all I can remember for now which require 3.0Ghz and above processor.

EDITOhmyh and and considering the fact you are asking about processors I might aswell tell you that Intel Core2duo or above are recommended because of higher performance capabilities.
definitely DW games
oh i see.
i know that

athlon 64 m320
ati radeon hd 4200
4 gigs of ram
windows 7

ain't going to run DW at 60 fps right?
but can these specs run ps2's FF games playably? Laugh
Dragon quest VIII if you want high internal res
God of War II -- may require an i7 running at 3.0 Ghz, and even with some speedhacks enabled, to reach full speed.
No, DW5 will not play well on that laptop. With FF games; best chance of decent speed is with FFX. Definitely use native resolution, and don't be afraid to abuse the Speedhacks a bit.

Do not expect:

Dynasty Warriors games
God of War games
Gran Turismo games
Metal Gear Solid games
Shadow of the Colossus
Tekken games
Valkyrie Profile 2
Star Ocean 3
Xenosaga
Dragon Quest 8

...to run that well, either. IMO you will not find FFX-2 or FFXII very enjoyable, but feel free to try. Just keep an eye on your CPU temp. Unfortunately, you can't monitor your GPU temp. Good luck! Smile
(01-27-2011, 05:47 AM)Rezard Wrote: [ -> ]No, DW5 will not play well on that laptop. With FF games; best chance of decent speed is with FFX. Definitely use native resolution, and don't be afraid to abuse the Speedhacks a bit.

Do not expect:

Dynasty Warriors games
God of War games
Gran Turismo games
Metal Gear Solid games
Shadow of the Colossus
Tekken games
Valkyrie Profile 2
Star Ocean 3
Xenosaga
Dragon Quest 8

...to run that well, either. IMO you will not find FFX-2 or FFXII very enjoyable, but feel free to try. Just keep an eye on your CPU temp. Unfortunately, you can't monitor your GPU temp. Good luck! Smile

oh. i see. haha. i'll try FFXII. thanks for the reply. Smile