..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Dual Core + HD5670
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi,
My PC config is
Pentium D 3.4Ghz
2GB DDR2 800MhZ Ram
ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB DDR5 Gfx card

Will I be able to get atleast 30fps for Smackdown vs raw?I wanna play it soo badly!...i hav seen lots of videos in Youtube with Pentium 4 at 4Ghz and just 256MB gfx cards playing FFX and kingdom hearts...Is my system config ne good?
um, i would say probably.
you will likely have to use a lot of speed hacks and ensure all un-required programs and processes are not running (i suggest game booster)
1-don't trust YouTube videos. They are speeded up mots of the Time
2-ffx is one of the less demanding games, svr 11 isn't. I suggest you keep playing it on your ps2, or upgrade your pc.
so m not gonna get atleast 30fps? sad Sad ...I dont want 2011,atleast 2007 or 2008
Svr games in general are quite demanding, in fact.
demand doesnt increase their graphics rite?PS2 has a fixed hardware for graphics support,so itwont increase graphics with increase in demand rite?So whats with demand and my PC rig?
Pentium D? Sorry, it's not made to do any serious gaming. You're living in the 1990s, it's time to move on into the 2000s... 10 years difference in technology is a very big difference in the world of computing!
(01-30-2011, 03:23 AM)tuanming Wrote: [ -> ]Pentium D? Sorry, it's not made to do any serious gaming. You're living in the 1990s, it's time to move on into the 2000s... 10 years difference in technology is a very big difference in the world of computing!

Technically, Pentium D is mid-2000 (right before Conroe was released). That's still 5~6 years worth of computing advancement, though.

@shikigami
What motherboard do you have? Depending on your motherboard, you might be able to upgrade your CPU to at least Core 2 architecture and those are much faster clock for clock compared to Pentium 4 Netburst (at least in general benchmarks).
(01-30-2011, 03:23 AM)tuanming Wrote: [ -> ]Pentium D? Sorry, it's not made to do any serious gaming. You're living in the 1990s, it's time to move on into the 2000s... 10 years difference in technology is a very big difference in the world of computing!

Indeed.
(01-30-2011, 03:34 AM)ilovejedd Wrote: [ -> ]Technically, Pentium D is mid-2000 (right before Conroe was released). That's still 5~6 years worth of computing advancement, though.

@shikigami
What motherboard do you have? Depending on your motherboard, you might be able to upgrade your CPU to at least Core 2 architecture and those are much faster clock for clock compared to Pentium 4 Netburst (at least in general benchmarks).

You're correct. I assumed that the PD was made in the late1990s. Still, 5-6 years into advancement in realm of computing is very significant in terms of performance and efficiency.
Pages: 1 2 3 4