..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Frame Rate Issue- GT4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to play Gran Turismo 4 on the emulator...When I am at the menu and basic screens, everything is smooth at 60 fps, but it's when I get into a race, the fps drops dramatically to about 15-25 consistently. Is there anyway to boost this in the configuration menus or what not?

System info:

Processor: Intel Core i7, M 620 @ 2.67 Ghz
Memory: 4GB Ram
DirectX 11
Graphics: Nvidia NVS 3100- 2 GB memory

Thanks, I appreciate all the help I can get.
I believe you need a very fast clock speed like 4.0Ghz to get smooth speeds on this game, this is one of the very demanding ones, and not surprised too. I'd say your ram is fine, but I think its the clock speed which is the biggest let down.
The videocard is very midrange (in terms of gaming performance, i realise its a Quattro card) and likely your stumbling block. You have 2 things you can try.

1. set GSDX to native mode, this will ensure the least strain on your graphics card.
2. overclock your processor, but being a mobile one i would recommend against this generally.
Thanks for the responses. Yeah, the clock speed is lacking for me. After looking more into it, it looks like a 3.5+ Ghz processor is a must if the game wants to run smoothly, and even then, there might be some rough spots. Anyways, I appreciate the help
Hi I'm new to these forums and it looks like I've got the same problem with this game as well, I'm using a Dell studio 1558, i3, m330 @2.13 GHz, 4 Gig ram, Radeon 4500 series Gfx card.
Only just got a slim ps2 ( yea I know I'm way behind ) and was desperate to play GT4, managed to find the game on a flea market stall, rushed home to play only to find it wont work ( not uncommon apparently )
Next step was this emulator and a long download of an iso, bingo, it works (mainly) but a bit slow sometimes.
I'm using the default setup and dont know if I should alter any settings, any ideas how to get the max with what I've got or should I ask in another thread, thanx Smile
(02-09-2011, 10:25 PM)rubber toe Wrote: [ -> ]Next step was this emulator and a long download of an iso,

if you bought the game or not, what you did is still illegal and against our forum rules, if you could please read them and adhear to them before you continue posting, it would be appreciated.

(02-10-2011, 01:29 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]if you bought the game or not, what you did is still illegal and against our forum rules, if you could please read them and adhear to them before you continue posting, it would be appreciated.
Oops sorry for that, yes I do have a legitimate GT4 disc but its got slight scratches on and will not work in my ps2 nor can my pc read it hence why I did what I did,(wont happen again) if anyone can suggest a way of safely getting the disc back to normal, I have tried polishing it but no joy.
If Polyphony Digital had released the game on two discs it would have been better, I believe the slim ps2's have an issue when trying to read DVD9 discs
One of these
http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Innovation...B00005B9W6

i use to have one, works wonders for saving your scratched discs Smile
I do have something similar and its been no good, on this particular disc anyway, thanx tho