..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy - Playable now!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
I've been a long-time follower of the PCSX2 project (on and off - my collection of games never was compatible enough to warrant it before). I just downloaded the 0.9.7 beta and hooked up one of my old favourites, Jak and Daxter. To my surprise, it was 100% playable. In fact, the intro was almost entirely 50 fps after switching off filtering. I'm amazed at how far the project has come. Seriously impressive work!

Using:
EU V7 BIOS
DX10
GSDx SSE4.1
SPU2-X

(I hope the forum resizes these intelligently, if not then I'm sorry in advance to people browsing on small screens!)

[Image: jak_1.PNG]
[Image: jak_3.PNG]
[Image: jak_6.PNG]

Congratulations, PCSX2 dev team! I think that's one more "playable" to add to the compatibility list...

Shadow casting is a little odd, and some people's eyes render incorrectly, but I guess you can't have everything...

Charlie
Its already on the compatability list as playable.
Ah, it's the US copy or an old entry listed as "Nothing". My mistake.
are u kidding how can it be playable with 20 fps
i mean i can play jak 3 with 25-28 fps
but kingdom hearts 2 60-62 fps
This game does a ton of complex PS2 tricks and relies on exact timing for many of the systems components.
Having it run as well as it does is indeed a sign of the quality of emulation we've reached Smile

(Never mind the missing eyes and slowness, those are known issues we'll tackle as well Wink )