..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Slow Gameplay - PC Failure or Hardcore Game?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hallo, I'm just wondering if there is anyone who was able to adapt and overcome this issue through some tweak or something.

I have here, an issue, that stems from a few games that I /want/ to play pretty badly to try out before I decide if I want to invest in actually buying a copy for permanent use. The first one was Sakura Wars ~So Long My Love~ and the second one is Odin Sphere, there was a few others, but the links were dead... D:

Now the problem I've had was that when an FMV or some sort of staged play started up, my FPS would tank. Normally I get 55-63 FPS since that's what it is set to, but when an FMV starts up for Sakura Wars, it drops to about 30, and when I entered my first battle it died even further and went down to 15'ish or so... a little more and a little less. I'm not sure what to do about it, I've turned on a bunch of speed hacks and they didn't work, didn't even seem to make an impact as far as I could tell.

I then tried to play Odin Sphere, figured it wasn't as demanding as Sakura Wars somehow, but when a little cutscene started up, not an FMV, I was getting like 30'ish FPS as well...

I then proceeded to test something out by playing another game that was working fine and thought maybe it was something else after I had replaced my HDD and installed a fresh copy of windows 7. Before I was playing on XP with a different HDD. I loaded up AR Tonelic: Melody of Metafalica and the intro FMV was playing at full speed.

So! I don't know what's going on here... I'll list some specs I have and it'd be nice if someone could lend me some helpful advice.

----[ PC Specs ]
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo(E4500) @ 2.2GHz
RAM: 4Gb
GFX: Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT(512mb)
HDD: 1.5 TB Seagate... I think.

----[ PCSX2 Emulator ]
Version: 0.9.7.3876m (svn) Oct 5th, 2010
GS: GSdx 3693(MSVC 15.00, SSSE3) 0.1.16 [gsdx-ssse3-r3878]
--- Renderer: Direct3D10(Hardware)
--- Interlacing: None
--- D3D Upscaling(Note: Have used Native also, no difference)
---- Internal Res: 1920 x 1080
---- Scaling: 3x
---- Texture Filtering: Checked

PAD: SSSPSX PAD Pressure Mod 1.7.1 [PadSSSPSX]

SPU2: SPU2-X r3702m 1.4.0 [spu2-x-r3878]
--- Interpolations: 1 - Linear
--- Reverb Boost Factor: 1x - Normal Reverb Volume
--- Module: 1 - XAudio 2(recommended)
---- Latency: 150ms(avg)
--- Synchronizing Mode: TimeStretch(Recommended)
--- Audio Expansion Mode: Stero(none, default)

CDVD: cdvdGigaherz (r3429) 0.8.0 [cdvdGigaherz]

USB: USBnull Driver 0.7.0 [USBnull]

FW: FWnull Driver 0.6.0 [FWnull]

DEV9: DEV9null Driver 0.5.0 [DEV9null]

BIOS: USA v02.00(14/06/2004) Console

Well, I think that covers it... Have fun! XD

Addendum:
When I disabled frame limiting, normal gameplay was clocked anywhere between 80-300 FPS, but when FMV's started, it dropped down to 35-50(still slow and distorted), when combat started it was about 20... still horridly slow. XD
(02-19-2011, 01:44 PM)Widget Wrote: [ -> ]I have here, an issue, that stems from a few games that I /want/ to play pretty badly to try out before I decide if I want to invest in actually buying a copy for permanent use. The first one was Sakura Wars ~So Long My Love~ and the second one is Odin Sphere, there was a few others, but the links were dead... D:

That's what renting is for. Don't download games, and read the rules before you post.
Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.