..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Lord of the rings the third age fps problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Basically the game works fine on the menu screen but as soon as i start playing the game my fps drop to about 9fps. I assumed this was due to my computer being unable to handle it but i wanted to be certain.

PC Specs:
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz
1 GB RAM
250 GB Hard Drive
ATI Radeon x1650 512MB

[attachment=27734]

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
your PC is definitely too weak.
you won't get playable speeds with it : both CPU & GPU have to be upgraded
You will have to add 1 more Gigabyte because that game uses more than 1 when it enters ingame.
Use official beta 3878 and turn all speedhacks,and use native in gsdx settings.
Thanks for the feedback.

I have an extra GB of RAM i can use, and would overclocking CPU help?

also by "offical beta 3878" do you mean pcsx2 0.9.7 beta?

sorry if im being stupid but im still a noob Sad
(03-13-2011, 05:49 PM)GRlMMJOWW Wrote: [ -> ]also by "offical beta 3878" do you mean pcsx2 0.9.7 beta?

Yes.

(03-13-2011, 05:49 PM)GRlMMJOWW Wrote: [ -> ]I have an extra GB of RAM i can use, and would overclocking CPU help?

Maybe a few FPS,but you would be best buying dual core CPU, example intel pentium e5700 .
(03-13-2011, 06:57 PM)Game Wrote: [ -> ]Yes.

Maybe a few FPS,but you would be best buying dual core CPU, example intel pentium e5700 .

buy a better one dont waste money on buying that one and next year you have to change it
i recommend the i core series
(03-13-2011, 09:20 PM)abdo123 Wrote: [ -> ]buy a better one dont waste money on buying that one and next year you have to change it
i recommend the i core series

Depends on the budget.
I agree, you will definitely need a new computer to get speed up to "playable" speeds.
Do note though that some games are so demanding, they run slow even on the best current machines..
Well thanks for the help everyone, ill probably look into a new processor (or maybe even new everything)
Unfortunately, any mention of a pentium 4 machine more or less guarantees a pretty much new everything as the system won't have support for any (good) dual cores, so that means new mobo, new proc, and almost assuredly new ram as well. And as mentioned that video card is bad news (DX9 cards will be slower/buggier than DX10/DX11 based cards)
Pages: 1 2