..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 Mac resets after the game cutscene starts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm having this problem right here with my iso. I'm trying to run Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty, but after the codec cutscene with Otacon, the game automatically resets for no apparent reason. I have the U.S. Bios and have configured everything I need. I also have Nvidia cg and XQuartz and X11. Now this is what happens.

1. I run the iso and the game starts up as normal.

2. I hit start on the title screen.

3. I choose my difficulty and other stuff.

4. The cutscene begins.

5. Then the codec scene comes.

6. Right after the codec scene is over, the game resets and the X11 box says this:

exeName = SLUS_201.44;1
# Restart Without Memory Clear.
# Initialize GS ...
# Initialize INTC ...
# Initialize TIMER ...
# Initialize DMAC ...
# Initialize VU1 ...
# Initialize VIF1 ...
# Initialize GIF ...
# Initialize VU0 ...
# Initialize VIF0 ...
# Initialize IPU ...
# Initialize FPU ...
# Initialize Scratch Pad ...
# Restart Without Memory Clear Done.

I also have the memory cards configured. This error keeps happening over and over even if I start again. Is there a way to fix this problem please. I'm new to PCSX2 by the way.

Edit: I found out this has something to do with the memory card files. Whenever the memory card files "interact" with the game, it resets. Please help!
(03-27-2011, 11:49 PM)sams1764 Wrote: [ -> ]So I'm having this problem right here with my iso. I'm trying to run Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty, but after the codec cutscene with Otacon, the game automatically resets for no apparent reason. I have the U.S. Bios and have configured everything I need. I also have Nvidia cg and XQuartz and X11. Now this is what happens.

1. I run the iso and the game starts up as normal.

2. I hit start on the title screen.

3. I choose my difficulty and other stuff.

4. The cutscene begins.

5. Then the codec scene comes.

6. Right after the codec scene is over, the game resets and the X11 box says this:

exeName = SLUS_201.44;1
# Restart Without Memory Clear.
# Initialize GS ...
# Initialize INTC ...
# Initialize TIMER ...
# Initialize DMAC ...
# Initialize VU1 ...
# Initialize VIF1 ...
# Initialize GIF ...
# Initialize VU0 ...
# Initialize VIF0 ...
# Initialize IPU ...
# Initialize FPU ...
# Initialize Scratch Pad ...
# Restart Without Memory Clear Done.

I also have the memory cards configured. This error keeps happening over and over even if I start again. Is there a way to fix this problem please. I'm new to PCSX2 by the way.

Edit: I found out this has something to do with the memory card files. Whenever the memory card files "interact" with the game, it resets. Please help!

I highly doubt this has anything to do with your memory card files. But I do not know what is causing this sorry.