..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: GSDX11 creates more garbage than GSDX9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

well first I want you thank all people involved in the PCSX2 project. Thanks to you, I am able to play games, that are not released in Germany (were I am living).

Now my problem:

Something's odd with the DX11 Mode, at least on my end.

Games in question are Xenosaga 1 - 3. In all three games the hair of the characters gets a border or outline at the end of it.
Heavy shadow problems in the second title. Here, a very big, dark square is around my moving character, instead of the projected shadow. It is transparent, like a shadow though.
In the third title the entire screen goes a little darker at times. I did not mean the problems with the hardware/software modes in the cutscenes.

With GSDX9 on the other hand, I have none of the problems. Is it something on my end or is Xenosaga + DX11 a no go?

Playing around with the settings in the Plugin or the Speedhacks did not change these glitches.
Well I can play at 60fps most of the time with DX9, but DX11 is supposed to be better, is it?

I am using the 0.9.7. r3876 with GSDX SSE4.1 0.1.16

Windows 7 64Bit
Core i5 760 @ 3,53GHz (of course stock 2,80GHz didn't help)
GTX 480 AMP
8GB Ram
actually, dx11 version ins't as stable as dx9 version, since its dev is still quite young.
OK, Thanks.
So, is it faster or not? I read something about better Z-Buffer results, but faster?
dx10 is faster. Dx11 may be buggy and won't give you more speed than dx10
It's not always clear which renderer is better for a given game.
In Xenosaga's case, the DX9 renderer definitely gets rid of a few bugs, compared to the DX10 one.
It's also a little faster due to handling the tons of geometry better (somehow Tongue2 ).