..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Need some help here !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello. I've got some save games from this forum but I have no ideea how I can use them. I try to copy them into the memcards folder but the games can't read them. I need some help please ! I've searched a lot but I didn't find.
use mymc to import them if they came in a single file format (not .ps2 formats)
It is a .ps2 format, I copied the files in the "memcards" folder, there was 2 files with the same name [ I mean, like the savegame downloaded ], and that is "Mcd001.ps2" and "Mcd002.ps2", but, the PCSX didn't recognized them ... I need help please !
Select the folder where they indeed are. Maybe the emulator is seeking them in Documents while they are in the PCSX2 install folder (under memcards), or the other way around. Selecting that folder is simple as "Config" -> "Memory Cards" -> "Browse".

Another possible source of problems is PCSX2 installed under C:\Program Files (x86)...

PS: If the memcard is found but you can't "load" the specific game, maybe the version you have is not the same as the version it was saved.
In that case, sometimes is possible to fix (convert to your game version) the issue with PS2SaveBuilder utility. What you must look is if both, your game and the save share the same "SLUS-xyz" identifier, or whatever it is.

PPS: a few games, like Star Ocean, are yet more critical because they save actual "PS2 hardware/BIOS" information and/or times which make using the save in other than the original device a "pain in the soul".
I was trying again but, nothing happens, I copied the savegame on the folder [ i set the folder from PCSX like you said, but, there is no difference ] and when I load the game, I can't chose "Continue", just "New Game" [ in Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 ] ... Is there a solution please ? :-ss

Take a look:

http://img641.imageshack.us/g/img1lo.jpg/
What I already told, if the save is not in the same version as the game, the option of loading does not show up. Different game versions = different games, in that case.
What can I do ? :-? I need the savegames, and for Mortal Kombat Armagedon too !
Get MyMC and PS2Save-builder,

Open the Mcd001.ps2 (supposing is the file you downloaded) in MyMC and chose to export the desired slot.

Open the generated .psu in PS2Save-builder

change the identifier found there, both in the file and that "root" window to match the same you find in the console log when starting the game.
(That identifier looks like SLUS_123.34 or SLES or whatever) it will look as BASLUS or similar... you just need to replace the save to match the versions.

Save the as .max

in MyMC delete the previously exported slot, import the generated .max

Run the game and the "Continue" should be enabled.

Otherwise, get the correct save for your game version from start.

PS: one easy way to find what the save MUST look is saving the game yourself... what you see in that save you did must be what to change in the downloaded save to match.
(04-24-2011, 10:12 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: [ -> ]Get MyMC and PS2Save-builder,

Open the Mcd001.ps2 (supposing is the file you downloaded) in MyMC and chose to export the desired slot.

Open the generated .psu in PS2Save-builder

change the identifier found there, both in the file and that "root" window to match the same you find in the console log when starting the game.
(That identifier looks like SLUS_123.34 or SLES or whatever) it will look as BASLUS or similar... you just need to replace the save to match the versions.

Save the as .max

in MyMC delete the previously exported slot, import the generated .max

Run the game and the "Continue" should be enabled.

Otherwise, get the correct save for your game version from start.

PS: one easy way to find what the save MUST look is saving the game yourself... what you see in that save you did must be what to change in the downloaded save to match.

Ok, here is what I did: I did what you said until the part with changing the indentifier ... I've opened the file in MyMC, I've exported the desired slot, I've opened the .psu file in Save Builder, I saved as .max then I deleted the previously exported slot and imported the .max file. What should I do now ? I didn't understood the changing indentifier part, I've found the indentifier in that case [ Root/ID: ], this is it "BESLES-54164DBZT2", what should I do with it ? Explain me again please, but clearer, I'm a newbie in this domain. Thanks alot anyways !

that save is for a PAL European game (SLES), look the highlighted lines on your console log while running the game and it should look something like SLES_541_64 ... still the better way to be sure about what it should look in a save is saving yourself the game and verifying how your save looks like and replacing the downloaded save accordingly.

If what you see in the console log is SLUS_xyz, it means your game is NTSC USA, what explain why you can't load that save.
Pages: 1 2