..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Problems with plugin Configurations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi ! When i try to configure everything in 0.9.7 I keep getting access denied errors and invalid names when it tries to create files.
I followed everything this install guide said : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...ide-v0-9-7
And i am running from administrator

Thanks in advance !

Here´s the console/log

(Sorry for not putting it in a code window, but idk the code for that at this forum)

PCSX2 0.9.7.r3876 (modded) - compiled on Oct 5 2010
Savestate version: 0x8b4c0000

x86-32 Init:
CPU vendor name = GenuineIntel
FamilyID = 6
x86Family = Intel® Xeon® CPU E5462 @ 2.80GHz
CPU speed = 2.792 ghz
Cores = 4 physical [8 logical]
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 000ce3bd
x86EFlags = 20100000

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1

[wx] Directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.7\memcards' couldn't be created (error 5: access is denied.)
[wx] Directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.7\sstates' couldn't be created (error 5: access is denied.)
[wx] Directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.7\snaps' couldn't be created (error 5: access is denied.)
[wx] Directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.7\logs' couldn't be created (error 5: access is denied.)
SetLanguage is not implemented yet, using English.
SetLanguage is not implemented yet, using English.
Allocating memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding GS : plugins\Please Configure
(pxActionEvent) (LoadSinglePluginEvent) The configured GS plugin file was not found(LoadCorePlugins)

plugins\Please Configure
(GameDB) 8934 games on record (loaded in 279ms)
[wx] Failed to create a temporary file name (error 267: the directory name is invalid.)
[wx] can't open user configuration file.
[wx] Failed to create a temporary file name (error 267: the directory name is invalid.)
ZeroGS: Set game options: 0x00400000

Loading plugins...
Binding GS : C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.7\Plugins\zerogs-r3878.dll
Binding PAD : C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.7\Plugins\PadSSSPSX.dll
Binding SPU2 : C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.7\Plugins\spu2-x-r3878.dll
Binding CDVD : C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.7\Plugins\cdvdGigaherz.dll
Binding USB : C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.7\Plugins\USBnull.dll
Binding FW : C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.7\Plugins\FWnull.dll
Binding DEV9 : C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.7\Plugins\DEV9null.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

Initializing plugins...
Init GS
ZeroGS: Can't create gsLog.txt. (Not an emulation error).
Init PAD
Init SPU2
Init CDVD
Init USB
Init FW
Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

[wx] Directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.7\bios' couldn't be created (error 5: access is denied.)
[wx] Directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.7\sstates' couldn't be created (error 5: access is denied.)
[wx] Directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.7\snaps' couldn't be created (error 5: access is denied.)
[wx] Directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.7\logs' couldn't be created (error 5: access is denied.)
[wx] Directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.7\memcards' couldn't be created (error 5: access is denied.)
[wx] Directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.7\bios' couldn't be created (error 5: access is denied.)

Thanks again !
C:\Program Files and it's akin C:\Program Files (x86) ... that's the problem

uninstalling and installing somewhere else is the solution. Any directory you create yourself will do, let's say C:\PCSX2 or D:\PCSX2 if you have another partition or disc. Mylself created a whole partition in e: for games, but something like creating C:\GAMES and using to instal EVERYTHING GAME there is the better thing you do, and yes I mean PC games too, almost obligatory for games which use mods.
Thanks, man ! looks like it works now. Time too boot up spyro...
I started up Spyro: A new beggining and it starts and everything, and i can see an egg floating in a river, but i can see no menu. I can hear it tho, if i press start then press some of the other buttoms (x,o,triangle and so on)
the problem can also be fixed by running PCSX2 as admin, which you can set the EXE to run as administrator, just provide the password to the EXE and the problem will no longer exist.

also if you're on Win7, you can tone down UAC's protections to release the Program files folders, while still protecting "Windows"
With Spyro: A New Beginning,

To see the menus, use the skip mpeg hack...unfortunately this makes the background black (but at least you can see the text).

This game has a fair bit of problems actually Sad
1. Sound Effects stopping after a few seconds in game-play
2. Health Bar behind everything (it's visible when you look towards the sky)
3. Incorrect Graphics while playing (everything is darker than usual in Direct X Hardware without changing any other gsdx settings. Though trying the different hack settings in gsdx might get you somewhere, but it won't be "perfect") unless you switch to software rendering.

Good luck playing the game with these issues Tongue

I should really file a bug report about this game D:
(Unfortunately I'm a bit slack)

..Edit: Oh just noticed you have a post in the Bug Reporting Forum.
I´ll have to resort to a GC emulator Wacko
damn