..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Question about FF12 speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! Just downloaded the PS2 emulater beta for FF12 and it seems to be running great fps wise and looks fantastic. There is a little problem though, the game game will just speed up and slow down(music to) almost out of no where. Any help? Thanks =]]

System specs:
-Windows 7 32 bit
-Intel Core 2 Quad core 2.50GHz
-RAM 4 GB
-GTX280
Are you playing directly off the disc, or did you make an ISO with Imgburn?
I'm running an ISO.

Thanks for a quick reply btw
3.2Ghz is the sweetspot for 12.
(04-28-2011, 07:04 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]3.2Ghz is the sweetspot for 12.

That leaves me with basically one option right, overclocking?
Have you tried using speedhacks? VU Cycle Stealing worked wonders in FFX, but I can't say it'll be as useful in FFXII. Just try enabling some and see if they help or not.
(04-28-2011, 07:28 AM)Larfin_Man Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried using speedhacks? VU Cycle Stealing worked wonders in FFX, but I can't say it'll be as useful in FFXII. Just try enabling some and see if they help or not.

Yeah, I've been messing around with them. Nothing seems to make a difference on screen though =/
Overclock the CPU .... ¿what is the model of the CPU?
2.8 i5 runs the game full speed but then again i also have a gtx470
(04-30-2011, 03:47 PM)DKAngel Wrote: [ -> ]2.8 i5 runs the game full speed but then again i also have a gtx470

Assuming you have a quad-core i5 Lynnfield or Sandy Bridge, you're looking at anywhere from 15~25% more performance clock for clock compared to Yorkfield (in particular, the low-cache Q8400 series).