..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 0.9.8!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
(05-04-2011, 08:21 AM)PS2Gamer24 Wrote: [ -> ]I also had this problem while running PCSX2 and I simply turned Norton Antivirus off before running. But after I turned the computer off and then on again, Norton still removed the program. It gets a little annoying after this happened three times and I had to install the program again and again. Might as well keep the installer handy for now until this problem is solved.
As long as you're sure it's not infected, you can go into your Norton setting and ad PCSX2 folder to the exceptions list. Smile

HAHAHA!

I've been looking to get a new PC for the past couple of weeks, so as to finally be able to use PCSX2, and then a scant couple of days before I order it a new version of PCSX2 falls into my lap! Providence! XD

Thanks team PCSX2!!!
Big thanks to the PCSX2 team for the new version! My experience so far:
Mafia: still can't get past the intro
Spy Hunter: got past the loading, but the first scene takes forever to render and then the game freezes
NFS Carbon: still the same TLB Miss errors when loading(((
PS2 Loaders still freezing
GTA SA: litte glitches seem to be fixed now)
COD:WAW: gets ingame, but witha huge half-screen artifact (same with 0.9.7)
GH5: got past the loading, but the picture looks cut off and it says that i must plug a mic to play vocals. But what if i don't want to sing and want drums, guitar, etc.?
Sims 2 Pets: a bit laggy, but playable
GH3: graphics look ***** and a bit laggy, playable
Sonic Heroes: plays pretty well, no problems at all
PS Do you plan to do PS1 backwards compatibility?
This emulator is much better than 0.9.7 r3878.
The 0.9.8 doesn't reset itself everytime I open it like the 0.9.7.
Plus It fixed the buggy glass effects in some stages in Tekken 5.
I noticed also the IQ is a little better compared to the older vesion.
many thanks for you rama and for all PCSX2 team and developers Smile .
Out of curiosty what happen to AA in the GDSX plugin it seem to been removed in new version of it, Or can AA be enabled in Nvidia profiles for the Pcsx2 now?
Just add this to the bottom of the GSdx.ini

allowHacks=1
Since AA in GSdx is pretty dangerous (can cause memory shortage easily and crash PCSX2), it's been moved to the hacks section.
Find your GSdx.ini and set the variable "allowHacks" to "= 1".
Then you can change AA settings in the GSdx config dialog again.
Fatal Frame 2, 3, Clock Tower 3 seems to work perfectly (havent finished those games yet in the new version).
Fatal Frame 1 still have problems at finding ghosts in GSdx hardware mode. The Camera Obscura does not detect ghosts at all.
Haunting Grounds graphics have improved but still seems blurry in some areas.

Thank you very much for this marvelous release. I dreamed a long time ago to play the fatal frame series flawlessly. Now I dream for the day when I play Hauting Grounds and Fatal Frame 1 with perfect graphics.
New PCSX2? Congratualtions, guys! Now, excuse me while I go change my pants...

Just tested it. I'm getting a 20% speedup in most games. Damn, this is sick!
(GameDB) Database Not Found! [C:\Program Files\PCSX2 0.9.7\GameIndex.dbf]

I instaled 0.9.8 it why does it show on old version?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27