..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 0.9.8!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Thanks for the new release, but there's no changes for me ;/

- Spyro: A New Beginning: no sound effects
- Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly: still unplayable
- SH: Origins/SM: GSDX still not working properly in HW mode (flashlight bug)
- Tekken Tag Tournament: Still very slow on a few maps (with c2d e8500@ 4.33 ghz, n/c)
- Crash: Twinsanity: game still crashes on a Classroom Chaos, graphic bugs without skipdraw hack
- Black: mega graphic bugs/issues in HW mode
- Crash: Mind Over Mutant: Shadows are broken in HW, sound issues
- Gran Turismo 4: big slowdowns (with c2d e8500@ 4.33 ghz, n/c)
- Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks: big graphic issues
- Crash Tag Team Racing: sound issues, broken shadows in HW, 11 FPS in MENU !!! [wtf? xO)

I see this release as a turning point. Although PCSX2 has a very long history and a decade of development, only now the hardware advances got to the point which gives flexibility and power to implement accuracy without prohibitive performance loss. Still far from ideal but fairly near the top of the bell curve relating performance and accuracy to a fully playable experience in a majority of games.

The emulator's development has yet a long road ahead, but the obstacles in the path are not so thick and thorny as before, things will happen more easily.

The development team deserves all our support and gratitude, thank you all very much.
(05-02-2011, 01:53 PM)Inferno Wrote: [ -> ]- SH: Origins/SM: GSDX still not working properly in HW mode (flashlight bug)

So use Software mode instead or even ZeroGS/ZZogl -_-

Quote:- Tekken Tag Tournament: Still very slow on a few maps (with c2d e8500@ 4.33 ghz, n/c)
- Gran Turismo 4: big slowdowns (with c2d e8500@ 4.33 ghz, n/c)

Actually GT4 should run fine with better settings but still there's always getting a faster PC Tongue2

Quote:- Crash: Twinsanity: game still crashes on a Classroom Chaos, graphic bugs without skipdraw hack

Doesn't crash in that area and... use skipdraw hack then... the skipdraw hack is there to be used no to be complained about -_-
I'm going to be overly obnoxious and not look through the topic but any improvement with the Xenosaga series <_<?
The emu is fantastic in this version ^^.

I have just one problem. I run my games in hardware mode, the graphic of the game itself is amazing, but the menus and options have unfamiliar graphics. In software mode the menus are in normal graphics, but the game is at ps2 normal graphics.
(05-02-2011, 06:35 PM)johnsaints Wrote: [ -> ]The emu is fantastic in this version ^^.

I have just one problem. I run my games in hardware mode, the graphic of the game itself is amazing, but the menus and options have unfamiliar graphics. In software mode the menus are in normal graphics, but the game is at ps2 normal graphics.

if it's ok in software mode, there probably isnt much you can do
(05-02-2011, 08:59 AM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]The third thread is mainly for stability, it should give an unnoticeable only speed boost. Making the program use more than 2 threads is extremely complex and would require a total rewrite of the emulator, which would take like 1-2 years and in the end you would be looking at tops 25% speed increase (with possible compatibility hits as well)
Ah, that is what I was thinking. ^_^ Still nonetheless I love this emulator Laugh
Thanks for the hard work guys, great emu.
rama you and the entire pcsx2 dev team are to be highly commended my friend. Thank you from ALL of us pcsx2 users for this wonderful update. Your efforts are enormously appreciated Smile
this is definatly an improvement over the betas, and even the SVN up to date (as of the release) While I don't use an official gsdx version (several games have hackfixes in the version I use, but it's not open source) the work at the core is amazing. even against svn rev 4602 (which is the next highest I have, I'm not sure which is my latest) I can play MANY games at full speed without much configuring. In fact, I have probably for the first time outside of bug reporting, completely turned off speedhacks and am still getting 85-100% (and beyond) fps on games. This is great work and and I hope it continues.

a quick note for those that will be using guides I make in the near future: These guides will be created using official plugins, not hacked ones I have. Everything I do for the community, I do with official content.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27