..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Running Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whenever I boot up the ISO, the game freezes at the Arc System Works logo. This was a problem on the PC port of PCSX2 and is overcome through a patch. I have the patch (F233A433.pnach) that apparently fixes the freezing by skipping over the intro video.

However, I can't apply the patch. I just started using PCSX2, so I'm not sure if there's any way to apply it on a Mac, especially because the "patch browser" and "patch finder" options under Misc. are grayed out. Is there a way to solve this problem? If not, any way to run GG? Thanks.
There is a FMV skip patch - search the forums, I`ve posted such thread 2 years ago somewhere.
Thank you. Excuse my noobishness, but how do I apply the patch on the Mac version? Like I said, the option is grayed out, and all I have to work with is the .pnach file. I can't find anything on applying patches for Mac.
What you need to do in the windows version is put the .pnach file under the "patches" folder and then make sure the "Enable patches" option under the system/misc menu is enabled... not sure how much of that will help with the mac version tho...
if you go to your applications folder and find your pcsx2 application and right click it and select show contents you can get all your resources. Go into Contents>Resources>pcsx2>patches and there are a bunch of pnach files there. I would assume you just put it in there but i haven't ever tried playing around with that stuff.

Does anyone who knows more on this matter confirm this at all? Because i wouldnt mind finding a few pnach files to skip certain things that make them unplayable on mac.
(05-16-2011, 11:24 AM)mubbsy Wrote: [ -> ]if you go to your applications folder and find your pcsx2 application and right click it and select show contents you can get all your resources. Go into Contents>Resources>pcsx2>patches and there are a bunch of pnach files there. I would assume you just put it in there but i haven't ever tried playing around with that stuff.

Does anyone who knows more on this matter confirm this at all? Because i wouldnt mind finding a few pnach files to skip certain things that make them unplayable on mac.

I tried doing that, but it's still freezing. I do get this message in the X11 terminal along with all of the "loaded successfully" stuff:

"XML Loader returned an error. Trying to load a pnach..."

I have "Enable Patches" selected.

Also, there's no sound, though I don't know if this is normal for the game's intro.