..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Kingdom Hearts 2 lag at 45+ FPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have GSDx set to 2x native and my GS window to 1280x1024. It works fine at these settings and i run at about 60fps. But when i set it to 3x native resolution it lags. The Fps is above 40, yet everything is slow.

What should i do to make it look good but without sacrificing FPS below 35?

basic specs

Intel Core i5 [email protected] ghz
Nvidia gt 220
8 gig RAM

Yes, I know my GPU sucks Sad

edit: it also seems that Roxas runs at superhuman speed at 2x native resolution compared to videos i've seen on youtube.
edit2:okay so i just compared the first cutscene on pcsx2 to one on youtube and mine is definitely sped up. I have no speedhacks enabled, though. What??
edit3: okay so THATS what turbo is. SORRY for wasting your time if you read this Sad but I still don't know how to make it not slow with 3x native
Try using some speedhacks, although in my experience these dont help a lot when the slowness is caused by high resolution. You other option is to upgrade yor gpu.
Another option to do is to just to enable MSAAx8 on native resolution, as it will still look good in a window and somewhat on full screen. It is much less GPU intensive.

The AA hack can be enabled by editing "allowhacks" to 1 in your GSDX.ini and then edited in the video options.

Edit: Oh, and please be aware that Anti-Aliasing can cause some visual artifacts that internal resolution will not cause. These are minor and will not crash your game or do anything major like that. I recommend you play around with it. 2xAA may suit your needs on 2xNative.
(05-26-2011, 03:30 AM)MyDreamName Wrote: [ -> ]Another option to do is to just to enable MSAAx8 on native resolution, as it will still look good in a window and somewhat on full screen. It is much less GPU intensive.

The AA hack can be enabled by editing "allowhacks" to 1 in your GSDX.ini and then edited in the video options.

Edit: Oh, and please be aware that Anti-Aliasing can cause some visual artifacts that internal resolution will not cause. These are minor and will not crash your game or do anything major like that. I recommend you play around with it. 2xAA may suit your needs on 2xNative.

I think I'll stay with 2x native. My GPU is too ***** and i don't want to pretend like i can run higher resolution *****.

Thanks guys
You can try finding a resolution that balances speed and quality, set GSdx to use Custom instead of scaling, and try something like 1024x1024 or 1280x1280 or well whatever, but yeah 2x isn't that bad looking anyway Tongue2