..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Framelimiter - how to change the cap?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i wanted to ask, if its possible to change the framelimiting-settings. As it caps at 60 fps (which is quite obsolete, as human eyes are running on ~30 fps), i would like to set the rate to 30 fps.

Is it possible somehow? i tried to alter the settings, but they stay greyed-out.
In the inis folder in PCSX2_vm
FramerateNTSC=59.94
FrameratePAL=50.0
Setting it to 30,you'll definitely see it running twice slower than the normal speed
To build on what vsub said, consoles are meant to run at 60 FPS (or 50 FPS if in the PAL region) and anything slower/faster will cause a slowdown/speedup. For example, refer to this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6nj9CXkWNE

Because that Gameboy is overclocked to twice its speed, it runs at 120 FPS (or whatever the framecap is for a GBA SP) and double its normal speed.
Cant i just set it to 30 fps and then skip every 2nd frame, so its 30 fps and fullspeed? Is there a way to make it work?
You could keep it on 60 FPS and then set frame skipping to skip 1 frame, and draw 1 frame. This will keep it on full speed, but 30 FPS. Although, on most games, it will cause huge graphical issues due to the PS2's hardware.

Honestly, I wouldn't try to mess with it unless your graphics card (GS) is pushing 100%.
Hehe, gonna try it out, thx. My FFX is still a bit laggy sometimes and i guess FFXII wont be much better