..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Samurai Warriors 2 Xtreme Legends
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello, I did search up other answers for the bugs in this game. I have the same problem too (Life bar/Skill effects disappearing randomly/lag)
When I played the PC version of Samurai Warriors, it was really smooth, so it probably isn't my computers fault. (>_< Sucks that Xtreme Legend didn't come out for PC)

In the thread I saw, they said to get PCSX r1888 (I did) and to get March Plugins (Can anyone tell me where that is? I can't find it here)

Also, I'm a complete noob with PSCX, so I have no idea how to configure. r1888 has made the Menus in game super hyper, but the gameplay very very laggy, and still not displaying the maps/effects/lifebars)

If anyone got some tips, I'd appreciate it. I know there has been questions on this before, but I couldn't really understand the answers. Thank you!

System Specs:
http://imgf.tw/901819523.jpg
USA 02.00 Bios
here you go the "March Plugins" http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/downloads...7z&can=1&q=
but i highly recommend that you use 0.9.8 instead of r1888 Smile
Sorry, but it said the file is deprecated, and when I tried to run it, it kind of killed PCSX xD Kept telling me it can't run the DEV9.dll
I'm going to try 0.9.8 hope it works..
(06-22-2011, 11:44 AM)iConvalescence Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but it said the file is deprecated, and when I tried to run it, it kind of killed PCSX xD Kept telling me it can't run the DEV9.dll
I'm going to try 0.9.8 hope it works..

9.8 got rid of the map and lifebar issue. I just have 0 idea how to toggle it. I have some major lags in certain areas on the map that should be fixed with some minor toggling, got any advice? Laugh
are you using speed hacks ?
and what is your GPU ( graphic card ) ?
how many FPS are you getting currently ?
(06-22-2011, 01:02 PM)abdo123 Wrote: [ -> ]are you using speed hacks ?
and what is your GPU ( graphic card ) ?
how many FPS are you getting currently ?

Speed hacks is on, I just have all the recommended stuff.
I Graphics card is in that link on my first post. Nvidia Geforce GT 335
It's not a matter of FPS I think, the whole game just goes in slow motion at crowded places, the music and speaking all slow down together.
It stays at around 30-60 FPS, and in empty places rise up to like, 70.
(06-22-2011, 01:17 PM)iConvalescence Wrote: [ -> ]It's not a matter of FPS I think
It stays at around 50 FPS, and in empty places rise up to like, 100.
FPS means Frames Per Second
50 FPS is full speed for PAL games nearly full for NTSC ( 60 FPS is full speed )
FPS is all what matters when it comes to speed
high speed = high FPS
but if you have low speed and you get high FPS then you have false FPS readings which is a side effect of speed hacks
disable "disable frame limiter" to keep speed at it normal rates ( emulation settings then GS )

(06-22-2011, 01:17 PM)iConvalescence Wrote: [ -> ]the whole game just goes in slow motion at crowded places, the music and speaking all slow down together.
this is the main problem in Samurai Warriors games when there is lots of enemies and characters
more enemies = more processing = low speed

(06-22-2011, 01:17 PM)iConvalescence Wrote: [ -> ]Speed hacks is on, I just have all the recommended stuff.
enable VU and EE speed hack one by one they often gives a decent boost
if you still have low speed use native resolution in GSDX

(06-22-2011, 01:50 PM)abdo123 Wrote: [ -> ]FPS means Frames Per Second
50 FPS is full speed for PAL games nearly full for NTSC ( 60 FPS is full speed )
FPS is all what matters when it comes to speed
high speed = high FPS
but if you have low speed and you get high FPS then you have false FPS readings which is a side effect of speed hacks
disable "disable frame limiter" to keep speed at it normal rates ( emulation settings then GS )

this is the main problem in Samurai Warriors games when there is lots of enemies and characters
more enemies = more processing = low speed

enable VU and EE speed hack one by one they often gives a decent boost
if you still have low speed use native resolution in GSDX

Yeah, but why so slow when I run the ps2 version? When I play the PC version of Samurai Warriors, it doesn't lag at all. I really hope it's just a problem with the configuration >_<

As for FPS, I thought if you have a low FPS, it would be choppy, like, if I press jump, It would look like I saw 3 pictures of me jumping. However, I see all the frames, everything thing just goes in slow motion, including the music and sound effects. That still count as low FPS?
And if 60 is the fastest, this really is weird, because in parts that are easy to load, it's like, 70+ fps, and it would seem like everything is fastforwarded. People speak crazy fast too.

I have VU and EE enabled, what did you mean by one by one?
Still quite laggy, and now, at the menus, everything seems to be at fastfoward. hmmm, which GS should I use? I'm currently using GSDX 3623 (MSVC 15.00, SSSE3) 0.1.16
(06-22-2011, 02:29 PM)iConvalescence Wrote: [ -> ]And if 60 is the fastest, this really is weird, because in parts that are easy to load, it's like, 70+ fps, and it would seem like everything is fastforwarded. People speak crazy fast too.

(06-22-2011, 01:50 PM)abdo123 Wrote: [ -> ]disable "disable frame limiter" to keep speed at it normal rates ( emulation settings then GS )
have you done that

(06-22-2011, 02:29 PM)iConvalescence Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, but why so slow when I run the ps2 version? When I play the PC version of Samurai Warriors, it doesn't lag at all. I really hope it's just a problem with the configuration >_<
unfortunately it is your PC doesn't have enough power to run this game
read this thread to understand http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Why-is-PCSX2-slow

(06-22-2011, 02:29 PM)iConvalescence Wrote: [ -> ]I have VU and EE enabled, what did you mean by one by one?
EE cyclerate speed hack and VU cycle stealing did you enable those speed hacks ?
one by one i meant step by step dont put the 2 of them at 3 directly Tongue2

(06-22-2011, 02:29 PM)iConvalescence Wrote: [ -> ]which GS should I use? I'm currently using GSDX 3623 (MSVC 15.00, SSSE3) 0.1.16
gsdx-sse4-r4600 is the one you should use

(06-22-2011, 02:59 PM)abdo123 Wrote: [ -> ]have you done that

unfortunately it is your PC doesn't have enough power to run this game
read this thread to understand http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Why-is-PCSX2-slow

EE cyclerate speed hack and VU cycle stealing did you enable those speed hacks ?
one by one i meant step by step dont put the 2 of them at 3 directly Tongue2

gsdx-sse4-r4600 is the one you should use

I tried the VU Cycle stealing, it made it very very laggy.

I don't have a r4600 option, let me get you a screenshot with the options i have

D= Let me try the hacks 1 by 1 again, and get back to you on the results. Thanks for the help!
Pages: 1 2 3