..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Low FPS speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been getting some low FPS's when using the emulator. I've tried the speedhacks and various tweaks, but I still can't get a constant 60 FPS. Here's my specs:

ASUS G73JH-RBBX05
Intel Core i7 Q720 @ 1.60 GHz. Turbo boost up to 2.6 GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870
6 GB RAM
64 bit

I think it may be the low CPU speed that's causing it. However, for such a high end machine, I didn't think it would matter. Thanks for any help!
What game? What PCSX2 settings? What plugin settings? What do the EE/GS% numbers in the game window say when you get slowdowns?

Unfortunately, as you said your CPU may just not be up to the task for a lot of games out there.
I tried Final Fantasy XII and Ico, and they both had lower FPS's. Here's a screen cap of some useful information. http://i.imgur.com/Pi7QH.jpg The FPS will dip down to the 40-50 range at the worst. Video plugin is use Direct3D11 Hardware, and the Resolution is Native. No Interlacing. Speedhacks are enabled, and both sliders are at 0. Other than that, I left everything on the default settings.
Looks like you are indeed CPU bottlenecked. Also simply enabling hacks and keeping the sliders to 0 doesn't do anything, they are still off Tongue