..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Ability to rewind savestates.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How about adding the ability to after loading a savestate revert back to the state before loading the savestate. Kinda like an undo tool. When i screw up in a game my natural instincts push me to load a savestate and a lot of the time i load a savestate 10 minutes ago.
pcsx2 already has the ability to backup savestates.
I think what the OP means is that when he is playing games on the emulator, he'll accidentally press the load state button when he doesn't mean to.

What he wants is for a save state to be created when loading another state so he can get back to it easily if needed.
There's multiple state slots (0-9), a "backup" for each slot (total 20) and now you want a backup for loading a slot?

come on now cheating the game would be better if you need all that Tongue2
"Apetite rises during eating." Just my lame translation of a saying that fits here=]. To think it all started probably from questions like "When pcsx2 will be able to run commercial games?" or even from "Did anyone thought about ps2 emulator yet?". War... war never changes... I mean people, war at least changes with each dimension added to Fallout. ;P

Simple advice for you is to buy a keyboard that locks F3 untill you answer a question "Do you REALLY want to press it?" with some retina scanner that will notice when you're under heavy emotions and spam with this question untill you calm down enough to think when you saved last time. Heheh.
Well, if you screwed the game... the last savestate might be your best friend... or are you wanting some way to return immediately "before" screwing up the whole thing? if so... difficult to implement, I fear... better is cycling the savestates every once and again, like at each minute (actually implementing some kind of automatic save, cycling the savestates and configurable time interval could be a good idea, indeed).
nono let's say i died in a game and the spawn point is 5 minutes back put i load the savestate hoping i saved somewhere before i died but the fact is I didn't save for a while and i end up screwing up
Save state after you die and before you load another state, then?

Edit: Why does the OP have four reputation points from the same person? I didn't even know that was possible.

Read my first post again
Sorry; I don't understand.

You want a save state to be created whenever you try to load another state, correct?

If so, why not just save state after you die or "screw up", then try loading your last save state? If it's too far back, just reload the state you made.
Pages: 1 2