..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Final Fantasy X audio stutters when voices start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My copy of FF X runs great on 0.9.8 using the default plugins and using the guide to set them up. The only issue I am running into is just as the audio starts in game (not during cutscenes) there is stuttering for like half a second and my FPS go from 60 to 30. Once the audio starts everything runs normall without issue. This doesn't always happen.

My specs are as follows:

Intel Core I7 950 3.0 GHZ
ATI Radeon 5850
OCZ 4 GB PC 1600 RAM

Any suggestions?
Actually I take it back I am seeing it stutter during battles to....
By the way EE only stays in the 50's and the highest I ever saw it go is 70, the rest are single digits. When the audio stutter happens ee can be anywhere from 30 to 50 to 70
no audio stutter on mine
try using the latest SPU2-X 2.0

also, did you use EE cycle rate hack ?
with that cpu try using only recommended speedhack
I haven't used the hacks. Which one should I use? I am downloading the 2.0 plugin now.
Also that didn't help. Same thing.
(07-14-2011, 04:43 AM)hlhbk Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't used the hacks. Which one should I use? I am downloading the 2.0 plugin now.
Also that didn't help. Same thing.

None, with that cpu and gpu u dont need nothing for ffx even if u upscale the game, better check the last spu2, maybe there is the problem.
Actually enabing that speedhack listed above seemed to either have fixed it or at least helped.
well if you didn't use any speedhack, keep it like hat Smile)
or just use recommended hack (INT spin, wait loop, mVU flag), leave the rest unchanged.

i always use those 3 speedhack even though i don't really need it.

on SPU2-X, i use catmull interpolation, and xaudio2 module, leave the rest at default value.
Make an ISO of the disc with Imgburn and play from that, rather than directly from the disc.
It didn't fix it but it did help.
(07-14-2011, 04:53 AM)Rezard Wrote: [ -> ]Make an ISO of the disc with Imgburn and play from that, rather than directly from the disc.

I did.
(07-14-2011, 04:53 AM)hlhbk Wrote: [ -> ]It didn't fix it but it did help.

I did.

Well my friend this is weird, with ur pc u should have no problems with games like ff, maybe u wanna try a prior version or the last svn from here http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
Pages: 1 2