..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ffxii fps drops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Issue: FFxii- starts up fine everything is ok but when in populated areas and outside where the monsters are i get frame drops going from 60-40.

i read as much as i can on ways to fix this myself but considering i am new to pcsx2 i am not sure what to do.

things that i have tryed.

speedhacks tryed alot of combinations and it does seem to help but only like 5fps if that.

changing resolutions from both plugin and gs window, trying ps2 native

changed sound setting

only conclusion i can think of is my pc maybe can't handle it after seeing other topics on how hardware intensive ps2 emu can be but i hope thats not the case.

i converted the game from disc to img.
video plugin is set to d3d11 (hardware)
cpu spec:
amd phenom 9500 2.2
4gig ram
ati radeon 5770
windows 7 x64

hope i didn't leave anything out thank you for your time
(07-19-2011, 11:06 PM)skipto Wrote: [ -> ]only conclusion i can think of is my pc maybe can't handle it after seeing other topics on how hardware intensive ps2 emu can be but i hope thats not the case.

Quote:amd phenom 9500 2.2

Looks right, that's a pretty weak CPU.

You can also try reducing the EE/VU clamps to 'none' or using superVU as VU recompiler but this can bring extra instability accompanied with speedhacks.
disable the TLB fix and you might get some more performance.

too bad windows vista and 7 enforce it....
Looking at your specifications on your computer, I can probably say that your clock speed on the AMD Phenom is too slow. PCSX2 requires fast clock speeds versus the number of cores because it is a Dual core application. What else I can tell you is that an Intel Core 2 Duo running at 3GHz runs faster then your Phenom and 3GHz is (in my opinion) a minimum to running any games in PCSX2.

All this being said, I couldn't confirm that it is your CPU or not.

Try changing up the VU Cycle stealing and the EE Cyclerate, but if you're losing around 20FPS, I don't think this is going to make much of a difference.
i got those fps drops too, with all hacks enabled except with Enable fast cdvd. i keep EE cyclerate on 2 and VU cycle stealing on 0 (i noticed i actually get a fps drop when putting VU cycle rate on 2)

i notice the fps drop in the little village south of the starting city arround the giza plains. when u have to get a sunstone.

oh and i use a E8500 3,16ghz core2duo. GTX275. 4k ram. vista 64x.

i managed to get the settings to make the fps drop in that village to 50 minimum (previously 40fps) but it would be nice if i could keep it on 60fps. strangely internal res doesnt seem to change a thing.
thanks for the help, i am able to only drop to 47 fps still not what i want but like guys said its prob my cpu.

i have disabled tlb, there are a few programs that bypass win7 to disable it.

thanks for the help, i do want to build a new system and get away from the amd line but not sure since currently able to run all my games at pretty good settings but ffxii is one of favorite ps2 games Q_Q