..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [help?] Digimon Rumble Arena 2 - Strange bottom half screen distortion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Firstly I apologise if I'm posting this under the wrong topic, I wasn't sure to post it here or under bug reports but it seems more lively here. I just signed up to the forums today to ask for some help on this problem.

Also I've eliminated the problem being to do with the iso because I've tried multiple different ones and they all do the same thing.

So when I go to play a match (the sound cuts out but I can fix that myself later) as the camera moves (including when going around the area before the match starts), the bottom half of the screen distorts while the top half remains absolutely fine.

[Image: dra2scrn1.png]

But during the game is paused, there is no distortion as if it was never there to begin with.

[Image: dra2scrn2.png]

Then if I unpause, the distortion starts to come back as the camera moves again.

[Image: dra2scrn3.png]

As Australian copies of DMR2 are pretty much extinct I have resorted to an emulation, and would really appreciate any help I can get on this and if there is any of my setting information you need to know (I have no idea which settings to fiddle with at this stage) you need only ask. Thanks in advance!

It's fixed.

Get the latest revision here.

Cheers.
(07-24-2011, 06:07 AM)MyDreamName Wrote: [ -> ]It's fixed.

Get the latest revision here.

Cheers.

Ahhh you're a legend, thanks a heap! Laugh
I'm sorry to bump this thread, but I downloaded the r4830 version, copied my bios. run it
and the game still runs with half-distorted screen Sad

then I downloaded the r4766 that says digimon half screen issue. it also has the same result Sad
what am I doing wrong? other games seems to work just fine

spec:
AMD Athlon II X4 635
DDR3 2Gb
NVIDIA GeForce GT 220

I added an attachment txt from cpu-z because I don't really know what more to tell you about my specs
Maybe first try turning on "EE timing hack" in manual game fixes as r4821 was a huge rewrite and that's a bit of testing before it'll be perfectWink. If it doesn't help try any previous build like r4820.
Huh just noticed you already tried 4766, :] which version you have PAL or NTSC? Maybe it doesn't work on one of them, by some reason.;]
I too figured the problem may be on the PAL/NTSC. I don't exactly know whether it is PAL or NTSC but I mounted the ISO and it says "SLES" which probably means it's PAL (CMIIW).

currently looking for links (and highly compressed) on the NTSC, because my connection unfortunately has a quota
(07-27-2011, 02:16 AM)powerkid Wrote: [ -> ]I too figured the problem may be on the PAL/NTSC. I don't exactly know whether it is PAL or NTSC but I mounted the ISO and it says "SLES" which probably means it's PAL (CMIIW).

currently looking for mediafire links (and highly compressed) on the NTSC, because my connection unfortunately has a quota of 500 MB per day, and I already used half of it D:

Um, nope.

----

The forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and IAmNotMod
Please read the rules, especially this format is to tick off Jes. Hi!
(07-27-2011, 02:25 AM)MyDreamName Wrote: [ -> ]Um, nope.

----

The forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and IAmNotMod
Please read the rules, especially this format is to tick off Jes. Hi!

by that you meant it's not the PAL/NTSC problem?
and I'm sorry if I break any of the rules, I'm not used to international forums. So, I don't understand the nicknames/acronyms Sad
For all we know it could be a problem with that illegally downloaded disc. Don't seek support here for pirated materials.
well, I made the ISO from my PS2 disc myself. But don't worry, I'm just seeking for the emu help Smile
thanks anyway Laugh
Pages: 1 2