..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Simple way to transfer PS2 MC to PCSX2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to bring the save games I have on my PS2 memory cards onto my computer for use on PCSX2. I've tried searching for a solution but each time it involves purchasing CodeBreaker or modding the PS2. I wouldn't mind buying CodeBreaker but it seems like it's very rare these days and the cheapest I've found it has been $179.99. I would also like to avoid modding my console if possible.

One method I've thought of was using the PS2 MC to PS3 usb adapter and putting my PS2 saves on my PS3 and then from my PS3 to USB. The problem is that I don't know if it will work on my PS3 because it's not the backwards compatible version.

So to recap I have a slim PS2, access to my friends fat PS2, and a fat PS3 with 3.55 CFW. Is there any way to make this work?
Mod your PS2 (around $15 in my region) and use uLaunchElf to copy the save files to a flash drive. Then try seaching the forums with the keyword "mymc" and see.
Sorry but I asked for a method that did not involve modding.
So you may need a disc entitled "Swap Magic". It allows you to boot a homebrew applications like uLaunchELF. Only with uLaunchELF can you copy your saves from PS2 memory card to USB drive. Another method is using FMCB (Free Memory Card Boot) but it is impractical in your case (it requires a modded console and does not work on PS2 90000 series).

I must admit that I never see or use Swap Magic because my console was pre-modded before I bought it. But from what I've heard, it works.

By the way I want to know if Swap Magic works on PCSX2. I do not see it in the compatibility list.
(07-26-2011, 10:34 AM)theshonen8899 Wrote: [ -> ]I want to bring the save games I have on my PS2 memory cards onto my computer for use on PCSX2. I've tried searching for a solution but each time it involves purchasing CodeBreaker or modding the PS2. I wouldn't mind buying CodeBreaker but it seems like it's very rare these days and the cheapest I've found it has been $179.99. I would also like to avoid modding my console if possible.

One method I've thought of was using the PS2 MC to PS3 usb adapter and putting my PS2 saves on my PS3 and then from my PS3 to USB. The problem is that I don't know if it will work on my PS3 because it's not the backwards compatible version.

So to recap I have a slim PS2, access to my friends fat PS2, and a fat PS3 with 3.55 CFW. Is there any way to make this work?

you can also find a memory card adaptor cheaply to transfer the files to the PS3. you can try it. Not necessary to spend a fortune
eg here

http://cgi.ebay.com/PS2-PS3-Memory-Card-...3a66161bcc

regarding BC and slim models read here

http://community.us.playstation.com/mess...7#27804267