..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Cheats in pcsx2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been looking around the forums on making cheats and I made a .pnach file for Star Ocean 3 with all kinds of cheats in it but I don't know where to put it. Where is the cheats folder for pcsx2?

I get the following output in pcsx2:

[wx] can't open file 'cheats\23a97857.pnach' (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.)
No cheats found. Resuming execution without cheats...
Did you put the pnach file in the cheats folder? That's where it's looking for it. Smile
I put it in the inis folder but I don't even have a cheats folder anywhere. Should I make one?
Yeah. It should be right in your main PCSX2 directory.
I,m still getting the same error:
[wx] can't open file 'cheats\23a97857.pnach' (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.)
No cheats found. Resuming execution without cheats...

and also:

[wx] can't commit changes to file 'C:\Users\Aziz Kadric\Documents\PCSX2\inis\PCSX2_ui.ini' (error 5: access is denied.)
[wx] Failed to update user configuration file.

I was getting this second one before too but I'm not sure why it comes up whenever I make any changes to pcsx2 settings it comes up. It's alsmost as if its not letting me change the setttings but the settings DO change (like GS resolution, speedhacks etc.)

I've attached the log file below.
I suggest you uninstall your current PCSX2 and get the binary packgae and unpack it to a place like C:\PCSX2\ and then you'll have the cheats and inis folder in the same place:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-0-9...ows-Binary

For your current problem you probably set the cheat file in the wrong place, try looking in both your "Documents\PCSX2\Cheats" folder and the folder you installed PCSX2 to, and make sure the file is named "23a97857.pnach".
i know whats the problem the file name is 23a97857.pnach but it is 23a97857.pnach.txt (.txt is hidden )
you need to edit the already made Persona 4 patch that came with the emulator copy it , edit its ( working on the copy ) content to match your patch then save then change the name into 23a97857.pnach and your done
(07-26-2011, 10:15 PM)abdo123 Wrote: [ -> ]i know whats the problem the file name is 23a97857.pnach but it is 23a97857.pnach.txt (.txt is hidden )
you need to edit the already made Persona 4 patch that came with the emulator copy it , edit its ( working on the copy ) content to match your patch then save then change the name into 23a97857.pnach and your done

actually I got it to work with Shadow Lady's method but now I have a different problem with the cheats themselves. I enabled a total of 34 cheats one of them being "Always Max Fury" and "Infinite Fury Usage" but they don't work properly in battle. Its as if the Full Active Mode is enabled now (allowing you to execute skills even when not in range) except that ir doesn't allow me to use normal long range attacks (holding down the X or circle button and then running up to the enemy hitting them and then cancelling into a skill) I know this is perhaps not very pcsx2 related but I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem. I would really love to use these cheats which would allow me to use skills infinitely.
Huh Star Ocean 3? I wouldn't use too many battle codes in this game as it's making it unstable outside of the battle. 34 cheats loaded - if you get black screen or crash that's good to turn off and replay from normal save before posting a bug later.Wink

If you want normal attacks, both long and short range are made by tapping the button not holding it(which brings skills into action). Through maybe I just didn't understood what you mean and also I don't really remember if the previous sentence is correct couse SO3 has a few battle settings I never tried;P - I'm rather into making custom items in SO. Never used those codes, not sure what they break, but this game is surely oversensitive for cheats. >.>