..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: help with performance issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I just started using pcsx2, so I honestly have like, no idea what I'm doing. I know I may sound dumb because there's a bunch of stickies on performance help, but none really worked for me...

My computer is running Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit, with 8 GB's of RAM. My processor is an AMD Phenom II X4 810 (4 CPU's) with about 2.6GHz. My graphics card is an ATI Radeon HD 3200 with 3 GB's memory. My computer is in High Performance mode and I've been trying to run the Shadow of Rome Demo, but I can only get around 60 FPS in the menus. In the actual gameplay (moving, many people) I get around 20. I tried frameskipping, but I had to go up to 20 frames to skip, and it's impossible to move like that.

I'm using:
GS: GSdx10 (SSE2) 0.1.4
PAD: LilyPad
SPU2: SPU2-X r4600, 1.4.0
I'm running from an .iso file, so the CDVD doesn't matter.

Can anyone help me get better performance? Thank you in advance.
why are you using such an old GSDX version use the official and the new one
(08-05-2011, 06:17 PM)abdo123 Wrote: [ -> ]why are you using such an old GSDX version use the official and the new one
Wow, now I feel stupid haha. I went to the GSdx thread but it said the latest links were down... What's the newest version and where can I get it?
actually, it comes with pcsx2's newest version