..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Compile Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
EDIT: Nevermind...the SVN didn't checkout properly the first time /head desk

EDIT II:
While attempting to compile a linux version, I get this error:

Code:
---------------
Building CDVDnull
---------------
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
Error with building plugins
I've managed to build it ICC as it was fixed in r1616. I don't have any good computer around atm to test, only Celeron 2.8Ghz. With it r1616-icc in bios is faster around 20-25% compare to 1605 compiled with MSVC 2008.
I'm curious how it will perform with games on real.
EDIT: Well, I didn't had an opportunity to test it myself in real enviroment. But people reporting there isn't any noticable speed improvements in games. *sigh* I was hoping it could add a few fps. But I still going to test it myself. Sooner or later.
EDIT2: But some guy on google code reporting he got a noticable boost in speed.
I regularly test icc builds against msvc ones. So far icc is almost always slower.
It takes longer to build stuff (more like AGES >< ), and it likes to mess up the final steps with some stupid error.
So nope, not worth the effort in my book.
(08-13-2009, 10:53 AM)NStorm Wrote: [ -> ]I've managed to build it ICC as it was fixed in r1616. I don't have any good computer around atm to test, only Celeron 2.8Ghz. With it r1616-icc in bios is faster around 20-25% compare to 1605 compiled with MSVC 2008.
I'm curious how it will perform with games on real.
EDIT: Well, I didn't had an opportunity to test it myself in real enviroment. But people reporting there isn't any noticable speed improvements in games. *sigh* I was hoping it could add a few fps. But I still going to test it myself. Sooner or later.
EDIT2: But some guy on google code reporting he got a noticable boost in speed.

In the average game, most the time is spent on recompiled code where ICC/msvc won't matter (we recompile the code ourselves with pcsx2's emitter).

sadly the big pcsx2 optimizations (non-hacks) always require big rewrites and clever thinking.
Did you use the latest version of ICC?

One month ago I built PCSX2 by ICC(11.1.035) with its default compilation options, then I can only build ZeroGS successfully with numerous errors. I tested it versus the one built with VC++, in opening scene of game Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits, 5FPS faster than ZeroGS compiled by VC++.

ZeroGS is getting benefit from ICC.
I've used ICC 11.1.038 and r1616. It doesn't produce any errors. Yes, the linking step is much longer compared to msvc. As for the settings I tried compiling both default and turning on -O3, SSE3 arch and SSSE3 optimizations. Still didn't had an opportunity to test it.
For msvc sse2 is off, so it does not use sse registers.
Hi i am trying to compile the lates svn and at the end it says build failed 24 errors.
i am using visual studio team suite edition. \
i dropped down the menu to release/sse2 than whent to the build menu and selected build solution as the guide indicated.
these are the errors i get and i also do not get an output of the pcsx2.exe in the /bin folder. i assume a lot of these erros are due to a missing plug ins directory but i cant seem to find a place to grab the source. this is my first atempt at this as the guide seemd pretty straightforward so forgive my noobishness. anyhelp would be appreciated.
Error 18 Error spawning 'rc.exe'. Project CDVDiso
Error 5 Error spawning 'mt.exe'. Project CDVDnull
Error 7 Error spawning 'rc.exe'. Project CDVDolio
Error 2 Error spawning 'mt.exe'. Project DEV9null
Warning 3 warning C4065: switch statement contains 'default' but no 'case' labels e:\pcsx - Copy\pcsx2\plugins\FWnull\FW.cpp 136 FWnull
Error 4 Error spawning 'rc.exe'. Project FWnull
Error 13 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3d11.h': No such file or directory e:\pcsx - copy\pcsx2\plugins\gsdx\stdafx.h 117 GSdx
Error 11 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dinput.h': No such file or directory e:\pcsx - Copy\pcsx2\plugins\LilyPad\DirectInput.cpp 6 LilyPad
Error 29 Error spawning 'rc.exe'. Project pcsx2
Error 27 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dsound.h': No such file or directory e:\pcsx - Copy\pcsx2\plugins\spu2-x\src\Windows\SndOut_DSound.cpp 22 SPU2-X
Error 28 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'xaudio2.h': No such file or directory e:\pcsx - Copy\pcsx2\plugins\spu2-x\src\Windows\SndOut_XAudio2.cpp 21 SPU2-X
Error 12 Error spawning 'rc.exe'. Project USBnull
Error 1 Error spawning 'mt.exe'. Project w32pthreads
Error 9 error C3861: 'XInputEnable': identifier not found e:\pcsx - Copy\pcsx2\plugins\xpad\xpad.cpp 646 xpad
Error 10 error C3861: 'XInputEnable': identifier not found e:\pcsx - Copy\pcsx2\plugins\xpad\xpad.cpp 674 xpad
Error 19 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3dx9.h': No such file or directory e:\pcsx - Copy\pcsx2\plugins\zerogs\dx\Windows\Conf.cpp 2 ZeroGS
Error 20 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3dx9.h': No such file or directory e:\pcsx - Copy\pcsx2\plugins\zerogs\dx\GSmain.cpp 19 ZeroGS
Error 21 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3dx9.h': No such file or directory e:\pcsx - Copy\pcsx2\plugins\zerogs\dx\Mem.cpp 19 ZeroGS
Error 22 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3dx9.h': No such file or directory e:\pcsx - Copy\pcsx2\plugins\zerogs\dx\Regs.cpp 20 ZeroGS
Error 23 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3dx9.h': No such file or directory e:\pcsx - Copy\pcsx2\plugins\zerogs\dx\targets.cpp 20 ZeroGS
Error 24 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3dx9.h': No such file or directory e:\pcsx - Copy\pcsx2\plugins\zerogs\dx\Windows\Win32.cpp 2 ZeroGS
Error 25 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3dx9.h': No such file or directory e:\pcsx - Copy\pcsx2\plugins\zerogs\dx\x86.cpp 22 ZeroGS
Error 26 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3dx9.h': No such file or directory e:\pcsx - Copy\pcsx2\plugins\zerogs\dx\zerogs.cpp 20 ZeroGS
Error 6 Error spawning 'rc.exe'. Project ZeroPAD
Error 8 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dsound.h': No such file or directory e:\pcsx - Copy\pcsx2\plugins\zerospu2\Windows\dsound51.cpp 25 ZeroSPU2
install the DirectX SDK and make sure to include the necessary paths into visual studio Smile
Check your /bin/ folder. PCSX2.exe will be there and built successfully. You only need directX SDK installed if you want to build the plugins (those errors are the plugins failing to build, most of those aren't updated regularly aside from GSDx and you can download the latest build of that from gabest's site)