..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Some question about the PCX2 and the Computer Spec
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My comp runs AMD Phenom X4 955 with 3.2GHz

With GPU : Geforce 240 512 mb with 128bit and a ram of 4gb with 3gb usable with certain part of lag on my Persona 4 and 3 FES.

I run this same game as well at my friends house.

His CPU is 3.3GHz with GPC of Geforce GTX 280 with 320bit and a 4gb ram with 3gb usable. His comp also have the same lag problem as my comp.

Can somebody pls help me......

I really really want my persona 3 and 4 to run really smooth thats all
PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? What do the EE/GS% numbers in game window say when you get slowdows?

Persona 3/4 can be very CPU heavy at times, you can try speedhacks and other settings but in the end you may only get better speed with a faster CPU.

If you're getting high EE load then you can try the new "MTVU" Speedhack which will take advantage of your multiple cores, but if your slowdown is the GS load then there's not much that will increase speed other than reducing the resolution or using frameskip (shift+F4) but that will reduce the "smoothness".
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-SVN-daily...-by-Orphis
Yes !!! Everytime when i encounter 5 enemy with huge size vs 4 party member my frame rate is normal , around 59 - 66 fps. But my EE jump up to 67% to 100% !! Ok i'll try 1st.

Ok .... how to do it? I mean activate the MTVU from the site?
(08-21-2011, 10:35 AM)GreyKnight93 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes !!! Everytime when i encounter 5 enemy with huge size vs 4 party member my frame rate is normal , around 59 - 66 fps. But my EE jump up to 67% to 100% !! Ok i'll try 1st.

Ok .... how to do it? I mean activate the MTVU from the site?

MTVU option only available with pcsx2 r.4866 and above, since you have quad core cpu then you can try that to see difference, even just with dual core cpu like my notebook ASUS A42JA can benefit with that option in some games (Persona3FES, SuikodenV i tried at moment).
(08-21-2011, 05:23 PM)Register Wrote: [ -> ]MTVU option only aviable with pcsx2 r.4866 and above, since you have quad core cpu then you can try that to see difference, even just with dual core cpu like my notebook ASUS A42JA can benefit with that option in some games (Persona3FES, SuikodenV i tried at moment).

Wait..... which mean i have to update my pcsx2 .4600 to above?

..... == i think i am confuse now ...
ok.... i've just check my MTVU but..... it only faster up a little bit..... this time what should i do now?
If EE is hitting 100% and speed hacks aren't fixing it, there isn't a whole lot you can do. While the Persona games are hardly the hardest to emulate PS2 game, the fact is there are a few scenes which can cause lag... The classroom scenes in P3/P4 for example generally are harder to emulate. If you can't actually speed up those portions anymore, you can kind of "gloss over" the fact that they aren't going full speed by going into the SPU plugin setting and changing sync mode from timestretch to async. There is a small chance this could break the audio from time to time, but I found the option very compatible for the persona games.

Basically, the option keeps the audio from slowing down if the game slows down... This makes the slowdowns a lot less perceptible and is generally what I like to use on any of my games that are running just a little too slow.
(08-21-2011, 07:15 PM)Koji Wrote: [ -> ]If EE is hitting 100% and speed hacks aren't fixing it, there isn't a whole lot you can do. While the Persona games are hardly the hardest to emulate PS2 game, the fact is there are a few scenes which can cause lag... The classroom scenes in P3/P4 for example generally are harder to emulate. If you can't actually speed up those portions anymore, you can kind of "gloss over" the fact that they aren't going full speed by going into the SPU plugin setting and changing sync mode from timestretch to async. There is a small chance this could break the audio from time to time, but I found the option very compatible for the persona games.

Basically, the option keeps the audio from slowing down if the game slows down... This makes the slowdowns a lot less perceptible and is generally what I like to use on any of my games that are running just a little too slow.

Well..... the funny part is.... during the classroom part..... the game run 100% smooth. Not even a single sign of lag....

So this is why i think that this emulator can still make some small change. I think...

The only lag part is when i encounter some enemy with size or some shinny enemy
Ahhh yes, the shiny enemies... I know them well. There was an older version of GSDX (rev 1200 something) that actually played those fights without slowdown... At one time I had even tracked down the revision number where it went deadly slow... but alas I don't remember it now.
(08-21-2011, 09:26 PM)Koji Wrote: [ -> ]Ahhh yes, the shiny enemies... I know them well. There was an older version of GSDX (rev 1200 something) that actually played those fights without slowdown... At one time I had even tracked down the revision number where it went deadly slow... but alas I don't remember it now.

Ok...... since mine is 4x newer... then... wth? i mean..... why mine still encounter certain lagness?

And just now when i was at my friend's house and again test his rig on the games..... well...... even though his rig is better than mine but.... is a bit more laggy than mine. (when 4 party vs 3 or 4 shinny enemy) Is there anyway that i can change the graphic setting into a more smoother ride?
Pages: 1 2