..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Sse 2, 3 and 4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just wondering if someone could explain the differences between the 3 options and how it might, if at all, affect gameplay.
a slight performance difference, and if you use an amd gfx card, the sse2 plugin might render some shaders/textures the wrong colour.
well even though its slight, my laptop uses an NVidea GeForce 230M, so which would be the best to use performance wise (even if it is only an ever so small increase). all other specs are in my sig.
the highest your cpu is capable of

AMD - SSE2
Early Core 2 - SSSE3
Late Core 2 and I7 SSE4.1
CPU EXT : MMX, SSE (1, 2, 3, 3S, 4.1), EM64T

4.1 then. thanks, just wanted to be sure Smile
(08-31-2011, 06:36 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]the highest your cpu is capable of

AMD - SSE2

Bobcat supports SSSE3, not that it matters; no Bobcat can do much with PCSX2.
why do you think i excluded it xD
(08-31-2011, 06:36 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]the highest your cpu is capable of

AMD - SSE2
Early Core 2 - SSSE3
Late Core 2 and I7 SSE4.1

you should be more precise with SSE4.1 Wink you should say anything made by Intel and later than ( including ) core2duo E7xxx series Tongue
(08-31-2011, 06:07 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]a slight performance difference, and if you use an amd gfx card, the sse2 plugin might render some shaders/textures the wrong colour.

By "Slight Performance difference", which way is better?

IE, is SSE2 the slowest, SSSE3 the middle and SSE4.1 the fastest, or vice versa?
(08-31-2011, 11:30 PM)Polantaris Wrote: [ -> ]IE, is SSE2 the slowest, SSSE3 the middle and SSE4.1 the fastest

Yes
Pages: 1 2