..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Maximo vs Army of Zin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ive just started to play this game, and using the GSdx plugin, i get a shadow effect that seems to stick to any position on the screen maximo has touched. heres a screenshot to show what i mean.

[attachment=29771]

Now ive tried running it with all different settings, hacks, gamefixes, resolutions (native included) and nothing. Software mode does, however, fix this issue, though renders the game a little too slow to play properly.

however, i have also tried the ZeroGS plugin, and found that using these settings:

[attachment=29772]

i was able to fix the issue, though it appears this occured due to the shadow being removed completely, as can be seen here:

[attachment=29773]

is there any way to fix up the GSdx plugin so it fixes this issue? zerogs is kinda like a faster software mode visually to me, but it just looks much smoother in GSdx hence why i would like to know if there is a fix for this, or if this could possibly be looked into for creating a fix?

EDIT - thought id add...

ELF (cdrom0:\SLES_517.59;1) Game CRC = 0x86E533E0, EntryPoint = 0x00100008
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLES_517.59;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.03
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = PAL

and using SVN 4868
You can try using the "alpha hack" or skipdraw hacks in GSdx, somethink like 2-3 for skipdraw is usually enough for those shadows, on the other hand if you're already using any of the hacks you should try disabling them.
Tried both of those but no change. Also tried higher skip draw values but nothing changed.
in case it could help things some more, here is a GS Dump for anyone who could possibly look into fixing this issue:

GS Dump Download
bumping it up to see if there has possibly been anything recent that could fix this issue?
Perhaps you can try with gsdx r.24xx around that if make any better or some gsdx hacks shadeboost from 3 party is worth to try.
Ani fix for shadow problem on this game ?
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.